Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive never been to the homecoming show they hold at NAS. Does anyone know if you can see this show from the water or is it best to go by land?

·
Praedator
9,948 Posts
If you have never been on base for the homecoming show, go on base. Leave the boat for the summer show at the beach. You can see a good part of the show from Bayou Grande at the end of the runway. But a good part of the show takes place on the runway and you can only see it from the base. Not too mention all the static displays of planes that you can climb in and out of is only available on base.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree. Go to the base to see the show. Besides the Blues the act that I liked next was the dog fight between the bi-planes with the wall of fire. That was pretty awesome last year!

·
Registered
13,521 Posts
Bring your bag chairs, get there early, plan to stay all day and into the night for the night show, if you go on Saturday.

The night show is only on Sat, not fri, and well worth, and I love the wall of fire also.

·
Brandon H
191 Posts
can you see a good portion of the show if anchored in front of the lighthouse, i have some college friends in town this weekend and the water is supposed to be FLAT finally! so im boating no matter what.

·
Banned
910 Posts
From the PNJ

? Gates open at 8 a.m. Friday and Saturday.
? Shows start at 10 a.m. Friday and Saturday. The Blues take flight at about 2 p.m.
? On Saturday, a special night show starts at 4:30 p.m.
? Admission and parking for all shows is free.
? Areas will be reserved for the physically challenged and wheelchair access.
? Food and memorabilia will be available at numerous concession stands.
? Most vendors are independent contractors and may not accept checks or credit cards. Taking cash is recommended.
? ATMs are available on the grounds.
? The aircraft can be VERY noisy! Young children especially need ear protection. Grown-ups should probably consider it, too.
? It can be windy on the tarmac. Layers of clothes are recommended.
? Performance schedule will be determined at showtime. The Blues take flight at about 2 p.m. "Fat Albert" will immediately precede the Blues.
? More information: 452-3100 ext. 1534 or ext. 1539, or visit www.naspairshow.com or

·
Registered
13,521 Posts
<H3>Scheduled to appear: Day show (both days)</H3>

<SPAN class=pp>? Patty Wagstaff, piloting a Cirrus Extra 300S.
? Jan Cloomer, piloting a Fina Extra 300L.
? Skip Stewart, piloting Prometheus, a modified Pitts S-25.
? David Martin, piloting a Breitling CAP 232.
? The Shockwave Jet Truck.
? Kent Pietsch in his Jelly Belly Cadet, a comedy air show.
? Emerald Coast Skydivers.
? The Aerostars Formation Acrobatic Team, piloting Yak 52TWs.
? The GEICO Skytypers, piloting six vintage World War II planes.
? Rich?s Incredible Pyro.
? Otto the Helo with stuntman Todd Green.
? Dale Snodgrass, piloting a P51 Mustang.
? The Viper West Demonstration Team from Hill Air Force Base in Utah, piloting the F-16 Fighting Falcon.
? Viper pilot Maj. David Graham in a Heritage Flight formation with a P-47 Thunderbolt piloted by Tom Gregory.
? "Fat Albert," the Blue Angels? C-130, demonstrating jet-assisted takeoff.
? The Blue Angels, piloting F/A-18s

? Aerostar Formation Aerobatic Team.
? Skip Stewart.
? Viper West Demonstration Team.
? Kent Pietsch in his Jelly Belly Cadet.
? The Shockwave Jet Truck.
? Otto the Helo.
? Fireworks Display.
? The "Wall of Fire" by Rich?s Incredible Pyro.
? NOTE: The night show starts at 4:30 p.m. and wraps by 6:50 p.m. The Blue Angels will NOT perform as part of the night show.<SPAN class=aa>
<DIV class=articleflex-container><DIV class=articleflex><SPAN class=adlabel-horz>
<DIV id=adcontainer___gelement_adbanner_1><DIV id=__gelement_82>http://gannett.gcion.com/?adlink/5111/223522/0/154/AdId=433819;BnId=1;itime=66861642;</DIV></DIV><BANNER id=__gelement_adbanner_1 loadoninit="false" refresh="false" position="ArticleFlex_1"></BANNER></DIV></DIV>

<H3>Kids' Zone features</H3>

<SPAN class=pp>? The Home Depot Kids? Zone Craft Tent, where children can build a free "homemade" project from a supplied kit.
? Inflatable attractions such as the obstacle course, surf simulator and moon walk.
? Climbing wall.
? Bungee ride
? Gyro.
? Virtual reality "rides."<SPAN class=aa>
<H3>Static display aircraft</H3>

<SPAN class=pp>Planes scheduled to be on the tarmac for up-close viewing include:
? A-10 Thunderbolt (Warthog).
? B52 Stratofortress.
? C-1 Trader.
? C-2 Greyhound.
? C-5 Galaxy.
? C-17 Globemaster III.
? C-46 Commando.
? CH-53 Sea Stallion*.
? Delta Pink Plane *.
? EA1-E Skyraider.
? EA-6B Prowler.
? E1-B Tracer.
? E2-C Hawkeye.
? F-4 Phantom.
? F-9 Cougar.
? F-14 Tomcat.
? F-15 Strike Eagle*.
? F-16 Falcon.
? F-18F Super Hornet.
? KC-10A Extender.
? HU-16 Albatross.
? H-3 Sea King.
? H-60 Seahawk.
? NU-1B Otter
? P-3 Orion.
? PBJ Mitchell.
? PBY-5A Catalina*.
? PV-2 Harpoon.
? P2 V Neptune.
? S-3 Viking.
? SNJ-5 Texan.
? T-38 Talon.
? T-A4 Skyhawk.
? T-2 Buckeye.
? V-22 Osprey*.
? NOTE: Planes marked with an asterisk (*) were not confirmed at deadline.<SPAN class=aa>
<DIV class="article-pagination article-pagination-bottom"><DIV class="anchor-scroll gel-controls"></DIV></DIV>

·
Registered
86 Posts
I watched the airshow all the way up here in Missouri today pretty cool,seen the show on the beach back in July alot more planes today.There is a web-site www.naspairshow.com veiwed it at the school my wife teaches at she has a smartboard screen"huge screen that projects the video from the computer"Next best thing to being there

·
Registered
518 Posts
HOTDANG!

Talked my wife into going! I told her it was for the KIDS!!! Whoooo Heewwwwwww

I think the kids 3/6/6 will enjoy it, thank goodness for the Kids section. might need that! anyone know how far parking is fromt he event area? We will probably head out and be there around 12 ish....... I dont think I can talk her into all dayer.. Kids will be ready to roll, and when one says I wanna go home... Its over, Mommy crumbles!

Thanks for all this info.

Steve

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just got home! Man we left home at 11 by the time we got in a chair it was 1;30pm...... I could hear and see the black smoke from the Dogfight, I wanted to see that badly but, hey, we saw everything else.....

The Jet truck was freakin awesome! Didnt last long but man it was smokin!

Kids loved it!

Steve

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
good gosh... Where did you go? I left and was around the base around 11:45ish, got in and was able to see the F-16 play around then they did the dog fight.. I had to park out in the middle of the island down by the Museum

·
Praedator
9,948 Posts
BOHUNTER1 (11/14/2009)Just got home! Man we left home at 11 by the time we got in a chair it was 1;30pm...... I could hear and see the black smoke from the Dogfight, I wanted to see that badly but, hey, we saw everything else.....

The Jet truck was freakin awesome! Didnt last long but man it was smokin!

Kids loved it!

Steve
This year was freaking packed. I have been to the base show since I was a little kid. And this was by far the most packed and the most people that I have ever seen there. We got there around 9:30am just like we do every year and our usuall spot close to the action was packed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts