Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That’s it. Looks like we will need to vote for Biden so that COVID will go away and we can see the Blue Angels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
I can't say that I'm surprised. Our government, at all levels has taken too much control of our lives. When I went to school in the 70's Americanism vs. Communism was a required course. It was dropped sometime in the 80's I believe. We've gone downhill since. This kind of government control of our lives, such as closing business, cancelling events and dictating how we dress would never have been tolerated a generation ago. We would have argued that this is "communism" and it simply would not have been acceptable.
If the Blues team felt it was unsafe to be in the air I have no argument with that. However for ANY level of government in this nation to dictate to me whether or not I can go outdoors and enjoy myself in a public setting and be entertained is wrong. We're giving up our liberty's on a daily basis. It is MY choice to decide whether I will accept or not accept the risk. Same for everyone else. If you don't feel safe, or think you can't maintain your personal health and safety in crowds, stay the hell home. That's your right. I have enough sense to know I need to wash my hands, clothes, clean my boat, maintain "social" distance, whatever, to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
We have government entities shutting down and crushing businesses. It's my damn choice whether or not I want to trust my health and safety to the local establishments; bar, restaurant, Circle K, ice cream shop, and so many others I patronize and support during the Blue Angels Air show and Blues week.

This is a damn shame. What a sad pathetic world we're passing along to our children.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
As of now, next week's forecast shows 40% chance of rain Th, 20% Fr, and 40 % on Sat. according to the weather channel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Our government, at all levels has taken too much control of our lives. When I went to school in the 70's Americanism vs. Communism was a required course. It was dropped sometime in the 80's I believe. We've gone downhill since. This kind of government control of our lives, such as closing business, cancelling events and dictating how we dress would never have been tolerated a generation ago. We would have argued that this is "communism" and it simply would not have been acceptable.
If the Blues team felt it was unsafe to be in the air I have no argument with that. However for ANY level of government in this nation to dictate to me whether or not I can go outdoors and enjoy myself in a public setting and be entertained is wrong.
The irony of complaining about the size of the government because a government run entertainment event is cancelled.....
There is a country already available for people who need the government to entertain them during this time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,756 Posts

This is why the Blue Angels will not be flying in P-cola this weekend. They`ll be up north.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,016 Posts
i am offended by the word "angel". why can't we call them the blue "devils"? i will start a petition to see if the government will change the name since everything else that offends people these days has to be changed. bs bs bs
jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts

This is why the Blue Angels will not be flying in P-cola this weekend. They`ll be up north.
The Blues weren't due to fly in Pensacola this weekend, it was going to be next weekend
 

·
DROP TINE BUCK
Joined
·
5,888 Posts
Oh well, cant cancel vacation , guess Ill come down and watch it rain like last year!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
just finished watching the Blue Angels this evening , they were flying over Mt Rushmore
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,448 Posts
You guys do know there's a 60-80% chance of rain and thunderstorms right?
How long have you lived in Florida? I've seen it rain on days there was a 0% chance of rain and not rain on days they said we had a 90 or 100% chance of rain! Oh, and if you want government over reach the base commander of Hurlburt has mandated that anyone who works on Hurlburt must wear a mask when outside their private residence!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top