Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up at the Pass Friday morning with PBTH and Bonsaifisherman for a bit of friendly Kayak Wars competition. They'll probably post shortly too, but I managed to get 9 sheepies, 6 of which were points on KW, and a 16inch gag grouper. Then went to a spot in the bay to join up with another yak-fishing buddy of mine for reds. He got 3, I got 1 and lost another to a broken hook. Got me 100points in one day for KW :letsdrink

Went back to the Pass this morning to meet up again with PBTH, Bonsaifisherman and had Chaps join us as well. Chaps got 2 good sheepshead right off the bat, then I got an 18incher. I called it quits shortly thereafter since the wind refused to turn and start coming from SE. It stayed straight from the East and proceeded to pound the snot out of us.

Alex

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yeah, you and I really pounded the sheepies this week. Had some good times and met plenty of great people.

Today was tough though. Two foot swells with plenty o' boat wakes tossed in made it an adventure.

It was good to meet you today John. I'm glad you got your first taste of some sheepshead action.

Here's a 22incher

And a not so 22incher

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
It was great to meet up with you guys andhook into a couple nice size sheepies. I probably should of called it the day when you guys left but I was hoping it would turn for the better. It did get better, but not where I was at. The surf fisherman started tearingthem up. Oh well. Tommorow is another day.Thesheepies measured 21" and 19.5". Good times and good eating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts