Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
shanester (1/24/2010)i heard that blazer is going out of business. my heighbor has or i should say had worked for the for many years was just fired. he told me they were keeping a few folks on to handle warranty work. the building of new boats was stopped.he also told me the quality of the boats has gone down hill in the past few years

interesting to say the least.. I always thought they were great boats but I have never actually fished on one or seen one in really up close to gauge the degree of quality.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
If I was getting a boat to strictly run inshore charters on I would seriously consider the cape horn, it is perfect for that. For what you do Brad, like you said it is not what you need. The Old 22 cape horn bays are very popular over in Destin and Panama city.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I've had my 2200 pathfinder in less than 12" of water with a full load of gear, full tank of gas and 5 big boys on the boat. It's amazing how shallow it will get for a bay boat.

You need to just buy Dusty's Lake and Bay.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The draft on the Cape Bay boat is 13-15" not 15-18" as X-Shark stated. I gaurantee you that the draft will be much closer to 13 than 15 inches which puts itwithin an inch of the Pathfinder 24' boat. And if you rigged the boat out with the new yamaha 300 that is 55 pounds lighter than the 250 four stroke it will do even better. When you see this boat in person you will be impressed. Lake and Bay is always going to dominate in draft and speed for sure but this is a cool looking boat. Just out of curiosity I checked out the Triton site and the 26 footer drafts 19".

·
Registered
455 Posts
chasin-tail (1/24/2010)Buy Dusty's Lake'N Bay......Damn I wish I had the $$$$!!!
I like that idea.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've had my 22' Pathfinder since 02 and have been impressed from day one. It's a great boat for the Pensacola area and the multitude of fishing opportunities we have. I have taken the boat to the Keys, Homassasa and the Appalachicola area for fishing/diving with much success.

I have fished an older Blazer Bay and was impressed with the ride. The fit and finish could be a little better.

Seen the <U>new</U> Cape Horn bay boat in the factory and it looks like a nice addition totheir product line. Have not heard any on the water reports.

WayneO

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have owned a Pathy since 2002.No complaints and minimal upkeep and easy to clean.Every once in awhile,you will have to tighten a screw or 5200 it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Per a recent post on the Blazer boats forum, Blazer is not shutting down. They have listed a building on their property for sale. Simply a move to cut overhead expenses. They have too much space for their current needs.

·
Super Moderator
19,482 Posts
hardyboy (1/25/2010)They have too much space for their current needs.
All they need is a 20x20 shed to do what they are doing.

Myself and another forum member watched the owner of Blazer work on his boat at the ramp trying to get everything working and all the lights on the morningof the Budlight Tournament. If his boat dont work why would one he sales.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
If his boat dont work why would one he sales.
That's pretty poor. :(

With that said these stick in lights...You know the ones.....There is a socket and you stick a light on a post in them.

They are the worst POS ever put on a boat. There is no way to keep the little contacts clean. I've tried everything and my Scout that has them sleeps inside all the time. I have replaced the rear one once and then hardwired the stern light.

That is why my Alum Flounder boat will NOT have that type of light. Yet it did have them when it was new that the Factory had installed.

When will manufactures learn or give a $hit?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts