Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard alot of mixed reviews lately on Blazer Bay. Some praise and some out right disgust. I would like to hear some pro's and con's on the 2420 specifically.

I am not bias so please bring all comments good or bad, just please have something to back up your opinion. Thanks for all the help guy's!!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
i know you said the 2420 but i bought the 2220 last summer nothing but good things to say about the boat and the customer service at blazer. keith handled all the little things with a quick turn around. nothing but quility as far as i am concerned.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill's Boy (1/24/2010)i know you said the 2420 but i bought the 2220 last summer nothing but good things to say about the boat and the customer service at blazer. keith handled all the little things with a quick turn around. nothing but quility as far as i am concerned.
Great response.. Thanks

What were a few of the "little" things? If I can ask.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Bill's Boy (1/24/2010)i know you said the 2420 but i bought the 2220 last summer nothing but good things to say about the boat and the customer service at blazer. keith handled all the little things with a quick turn around. nothing but quility as far as i am concerned.

must be nice:banghead

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Blazer makes a great riding boat but I think some of there workmanship skills are not up to par.

I saw a Blazer Bay one day that was being worked on. I will not say where but one of the people from Blazer Bay was accompanying it and dropped it off.

As I strolled around the boat looking it over, I came across a potential problem.

The problem was the Hyd hoses and how they routed to the ram on the Bobs Machine shop Jackplate. The machining on these jackplates is very good, but the hoses need a "Boot" IE: another piece of hose to cover and insulate the hyd hoses on the sharp corner.

I own 2 Bob's machine shop Jackplates, so I'm aware of this potential problem to blowing a hose. It's a simple / preventive maintenance fix.

I pointed this out to the Blazer Bay person.

He pretty much said " He couldn't give a shit and it wasn't his responsibility."

Attitude like that is what kills a business and I can see where the complaints would come in with " there workmanship skills are not up to par."

·
Super Moderator
19,834 Posts
X-Shark (1/24/2010)
Blazer makes a great riding boat but I think some of there workmanship skills are not up to par.
I saw a Blazer Bay one day that was being worked on. I will not say where but one of the people from Blazer Bay was accompanying it and dropped it off.

As I strolled around the boat looking it over, I came across a potential problem.

The problem was the Hyd hoses and how they routed to the ram on the Bobs Machine shop Jackplate. The machining on these jackplates is very good, but the hoses need a "Boot" IE: another piece of hose to cover and insulate the hyd hoses on the sharp corner.

I own 2 Bob's machine shop Jackplates, so I'm aware of this potential problem to blowing a hose. It's a simple / preventive maintenance fix.

I pointed this out to the Blazer Bay person.

He pretty much said " He couldn't give a shit and it wasn't his responsibility."

Attitude like that is what kills a business and I can see where the complaints would come in with " there workmanship skills are not up to par."
Thats the main reason I wouldnt own one is there customer service and the way they act, Ive heard and seen a few different scenarios with it.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
my 2220 has been up there 4 times since may '09 and it is about to go back...been back twice for the same problem and they said the 2nd time it wasnt their problem to take it to a motor repair shop that it was the motor problem...turns out it wasnt the motor and i had to pay out of pocket for the fix and havent been reimbursed to this day by blazer...thats is what you call great customer service!!! they got my money and thats all they care!

·
Registered
778 Posts
http://www.capehornboats.com/page17.html Since other boats have come into the thread you need to check out the cape horn bay boat. I visited their showroom in milton and and it is impressive. May not be the fastest boat out there but it is a Cape Horn so you know the build quality is top notch. The one in the showroom is 29 thousand without motor.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wrightackle (1/24/2010)http://www.capehornboats.com/page17.html Since other boats have come into the thread you need to check out the cape horn bay boat. I visited their showroom in milton and and it is impressive. May not be the fastest boat out there but it is a Cape Horn so you know the build quality is top notch. The one in the showroom is 29 thousand without motor.
I looked at their website the other day. It has a few pics of their brand new bay boat. Awesome looking boat, but a 15" draft will just never do!!!!!

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
This Cape Horn is a weird animal.

http://www.capehornboats.com/page17.html

They contradict themselves.

15in to 18in draft and then say.

The lack of forward strakes under the bow provides a new level of stealth when gliding the flats. Gone are the days of hull slap announcing your arrival.

News Flash Cape Horn:

Flat's are shallow and that is not a shallow draft boat.

My '73 Mako hull doesn't draft that much.

·
Registered
574 Posts
i heard that blazer is going out of business. my heighbor has or i should say had worked for the for many years was just fired. he told me they were keeping a few folks on to handle warranty work. the building of new boats was stopped.he also told me the quality of the boats has gone down hill in the past few years

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
X-Shark (1/24/2010)This Cape Horn is a weird animal.

http://www.capehornboats.com/page17.html

They contradict themselves.

15in to 18in draft and then say.

The lack of forward strakes under the bow provides a new level of stealth when gliding the flats. Gone are the days of hull slap announcing your arrival.

News Flash Cape Horn:

Flat's are shallow and that is not a shallow draft boat.

My '73 Mako hull doesn't draft that much.
Hell, my fathers 26' triton w/ twin 225's drafts the same!!! Maybe I should redfish in it!!!LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts