Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a bunch of blanks that need to be out of my way! - mostly king/cobia pier fishing rods. prices negtioable if you want a few of these!

gator: t80L-$22 t80h-$23 t80xh-$26 t90h-$25t90xh-$30 bs596-$18

seeker: ps85w(white)-$85 ps85b(black)-$75 ps90w-$90 ps90b-$80

rainshadow: 1088-$80 1087-$75 1208-$100 1207-$90

CUI (the big yellow rods): 9ft-$30 8ft-$25

and ive got some odds&ends inshore blanks ranging from $10-$50, pm me and let me know what action/length youre looking for and ill see if i can match what you want.

guides - ive got a ton of fuji's, mostly hardloy in black or chrome, and multiple sets of perfection guides. send me a pm if you need some, and ill try to help you out! now that im married, i almost never build rods anymore, so if you can use any of this, ill be glad to have the room in the spare bedroom.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a few of the gators are spoken for... but ive still got quite a few left.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Hey man, I'm wanting a king rod for the pier, what would you recomend? Would one of those gator blanks work? If so, where do I sign?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the best price on a decent king rod in my opinion is gator's bs596. very light for a glass rod, and strong enough for just about anything youll ever want to fight on spinning tackle. ive cobia fished with one, and it throws a jig fine and has enough backbone to hurt him. while having enough action to throw a lighter bait (small cig or L-Y).

the "best" king rod i would say is a 1087 (9ft graphite, lightweight and plenty of action). but you could completely build that gator for less than just 1087 blank. its all a matter of opinion. ive got a bs596 already built if you want to use it a day or two just to make yourself love it!

·
Super Moderator
12,720 Posts
Will is right Konz, those gators are some tough rods.... i have 3 of them and i'm gonna buy another from will, they are hands down, one of the strongest rods i've ever fished with... the only one i ever broke was sticking out the window on a chevy tahoe, and we flipped on hw98 doing about 55... pretty impressive:bowdown

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sounds good. you need some guides too? or foam or reel seat?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
man i'll need what ever it takes to make that thing fishable....lol Rod seat, grips, eyes.......but all that may have to wait till pay day.......i can buy the blank now but the rest might have to wait. I sent ya a pm.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got your pm. ill go ahead and build what you said in the message. im sure youll like it. if not, ill keep it!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im in pensacola. my parents live in navarre, so im there quite a bit, and i make it to destin every once in a while. let me know what you want to look at and ill throw it in the truck next time i head east.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you head towards Destin, I would like the bs596 or something similar. Looking for a live bait/mackeral action (med.) to be used with 15 - 20 lbs. test line. I currently fish with three,but could not tell you which model #'s I have. Always good to have a backup. Ring me if you heading this way 850-399-0311, George

Can meet you in FWB is needed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts