Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

blackwater wma

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  DarthYoda 
#1 ·
Has anyone been killing any decent bucks in blackwater this year?

#5 ·
Saw several nice sized does and two shooters that never gave me a good shot. I will be back in the same spot tomorrow to try and drop one. The shooters were 6 and 8 points respectively and stayed beyond what I felt comfortable shooting. I hope to get one of them inside of 100 yrds.

#8 ·
Just got back in from Blackwater and today was nothing like yesterday. It is mostly my fault, I got up late and by the time I got there the place I hunted yesterday was stacked with people already. I went another mile down from there and didn't see a thing. I did hear plenty of blasts from the area I wanted to be in. I hope someone bagged that 8 pointerI saw yesterday. I did hear a grunt close by my stand today, but I was in such a thick area I could not get a good line of sight to anything. Oh well, better luck next time.

On another note, I did find a really nice map of Blackwater WMA. It was along one of the roads running through it near a trail entrance in one of the information boxes. Very nice colored map detailing the different areas and listing all the roads. It was the last one or I would have grabbed a few to pass around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.