Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good map of Blackwater WMA or knwo where I can get one? I need to figure out where to put my stand up this weekend and I am unsure where to hunt. I don't want to end up on private property. I have to Blackwater WMA brochure, but there a bunch of roads that don't match on Google maps. I would hate to setup on the wrong property.

I would also like to get a good Topo map of the area if anyone knows where to get one.

Thanks

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking south of 4 just off of 23 on the one map I have. Google maps looks like it is Sandy Landing Rd off of Red Rock Rd. Not 100% sure though.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
wen you turn to the north you will start in to a turn to the left you will see a drive way to the right thats all you halve to worey about all the way to 191 as far as I knowe they burnt everything in ther about 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lobsterman (11/14/2007)I believe you can print one on.www.topozone.com[/quote]

I've looked at that site, but the maps are hard to see and I can't tell what I am looking at. I tell it to show Blackwater WMA, but when it shows the map it doesn't list any streets. So I am unsure it I amlooking atthe right area. I want to print an area or order an area map but want it to be accurate.

·
Registered
775 Posts
It is pretty darn accurate...with more roads that aren't gonna show on your street map. Unimproved roads etc. Just find a curve in the road on the WMA map and the topozone map that is in the same place and go from there. The only thing you gotta watch for is the Private land isnt all marked on the topo map. I've found very few discrepancies with the map myself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Santa Rosa County website use to have an aerial map with street names on them. I can not find them now or they changed the map program.

You can go down to the County Mapping-GIS department behind Mcdonalds and tell them what you want and they can print one out for you for a fee.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have an online version of thier software but it is the same as all the others, it does not include an overlay of the WMA area. I wish the state would put out a better map then is in the WMA brochure. I am going to check my atlas and see if it is any better.

If I can't find anything accurate, I will just have to drive out there and see if I can find a spot to hunt.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Chris (11/14/2007)Anyone have a good map of Blackwater WMA or knwo where I can get one? I need to figure out where to put my stand up this weekend and I am unsure where to hunt. I don't want to end up on private property. I have to Blackwater WMA brochure, but there a bunch of roads that don't match on Google maps. I would hate to setup on the wrong property.

I would also like to get a good Topo map of the area if anyone knows where to get one.

Thanks

Stop by the Forestry office on Munson Hwy by the Fire Department and School. They have a very good map with a manageable size to it.

·
Super Moderator
28,639 Posts
It's called Sandy Forrest Road now....Might wanna check, I have a buddy that hunts up there off Charlie Foster Road and he said it's Extra Crispy right now....Good luck anyways....:letsdrink

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Give me a call at 393-3758 and I will make you a copy of a CD I have that has all the roads in Blackwater with the area's you can hunt.

Scott

1 - 12 of 12 Posts