Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of the deer hunters have seen any quail while they were walking to and from their stands. I took my dog to the field trial area during dog training and was able to get up quite a few quail. However I was not lucky enough to get a quota and now I would like to try some of the still hunting areas during small game season. Any help you can give is appreciated. I am going this weekend but I really don't have a clue as where yet. I was thinking of trying the area that is south of the state park and east of the Hutton Unit.

·
Registered
249 Posts
thats a good place to try I live by that areia and hunt it reguler wen you head east on boundry line and hit the pavment look for the first left I sowe most of mine north of the power lines and jest out of the bottom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I went today and found one covey of quail. Unfortunately the dog bumped the quail while we were not close and we didn't get a good shot but it is good to know there are still some wild covies around. I just have to work with my dog, she is just a year old and I have to get her to hunt a little closer and to hold her point. I am a rookie at training a bird dog though. If anyone has any suggestions, especially about getting her to hunt closer and not run out of sight I would appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts