Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Just Chasing Tail
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday morning decided to give Blackwater a shot. The trout in escambia are not stacked in the usual spots. Within 30 mins of pitching a jig for a large mouth bass wham this striper suprises me out of no where. After landing it I decided to go looking for specks. Found them stacked in a few deeper holes got my limit and it was time to. 4 were between 18-20 and 1 over 24, I was good to go. Will be returning to Blackwater on Friday to hopefully find them stacked in the same holes. Will post a live report on Friday.

Attachments

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
Just wait till Josh sees this one.... haha.

Dang, nice striper man! Sounds like you had the trout dialed in too. Enjoyed the report, keep it up.

·
Just Chasing Tail
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Near pond creek! Really just mess around with a jig. Caught most of the specks on jerkbait bait and trolling a matrix shad. First time with the matrix shad worked well. Compared it to a curly tail grub I usually use for specks and it out fished it this time. Will test again this weekend!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Def not a hybrid. The broken lines look like a genetic defect. Body is too streamlined and the mouth size is too big compared to the rest of the body.

-From behind these eyes, flung in your general direction!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Let's not start the hybrid debate. I swear it comes up everytime. No disrespect to GB or Snooky. It's a nice looking striper Reds. Keep up the good reports.

Reactions: UncleMilty7

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I know the place VERY well. Did you pick up any Trout in that +/- 30' channel running from just north of the mouth of Pond Creek to the large broken down dock on the west bank??? Very nice Striper!!! I've caught them there myself...

·
Registered
594 Posts
May I ask what color matrix shads you were using and what size jig head? I was looking at getting some of those myself. Also, do you use there golden eye jig heads?

·
Registered
765 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts