Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a local trout tournament today and took 1st place with 5 fish for 10 lbs. I love seeing the other members of the club shaking their head as I bring in the winning sack out of my kayak, since everyone else has a boat. Also got a chance to meet fellow forum member Chaps at the ramp. Hope you had a good day. I only caught 6 specks all day, but 5 of them were over 17". Best tactic was trolling plastics in 10-12 ft of water. Caught the last fish in my limit (19") with 15 minutes to go as I trolled back to the launch site, just minutes after getting waked by one of my competitors. Somewhat slow bite, but you can't beat catching 99% keeper fish when trout fishing!

P.S. I hate posting a picture of five beautiful fish on ice, but I have no choice during a tournament in a kayak.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Nice job and good meeting you. It was a pretty slow bite compared to the week prior. I only stayed for a few hours and managed about 10 trout with one over 20" near a shoreline on a rapala shallow diver. All the others were caught on plastics. My buddy caught a nice slot red and a few trout. The bite should continue for a while I hope.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts