Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I consider myself a better than average hunter but not excellent as some of you..What do you think are the odds of a good hunter scoring a deer ..buck or doe in Blackwater if he's never hunted there before??? The reason for the question..my wife and I are seriously thinking about coming up that way..We are preparing my teaching resume this morning..Hopefully this summer we can make the switch..

Question 2..Would you be kind enough to stir me in the right direction..I would liketo be within 15 miles of Crestview..I'd like a simple block home{ 1500} suare feet or bigger.looking to spend around 200,000on about 1/2 to an acre lot.{Big enough to practice my archery.}{-:peace and quiet is the first priority...I would plan to hunt at Blackwater.

Thanks,

C7

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Eglin AFB has a huge forrest for hunting in as well which is just 10 minutes south of Crestview!
Billy

Yes sir..I was in a war game there in 1976. {-: I was stationed at Fort Steawart , GA I like Eglin.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
Eglin has fantastic archery areas also, where you can bowhunt all season if you so desire.

·
Super Moderator
28,497 Posts
Chuck, there is a house up near me fer sale....it has a small pond and looks to be what you might be looking fer...just don't know if you wanna live out this far...Like I told you before, Okaloosa has a great school system and personally I've never had much luck in Blakwater but I've never really tried hunting hard...always see deer but either does during gun season or does during bow season but to far a shot:doh Good luck and if you need anything hit me up....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate that house update..yep..I would love to live in the country..I saw two types of country lving when I was up...One was pretty rough and one was pretty nice..I'm looking for the nice spot..LOL My first thing is landing a job..Apprecaite the feedback sir,

Chuck7

1 - 5 of 5 Posts