Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about going to sit first thing in the morning before work, is anyone else going out to bare the cold? Or will i be the only one crazy enough to go.. Lol

·
Registered
12,945 Posts
In my experience, super cold weather causes them to sit tight until it warms up. I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to get in a tree.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
With it suppose to get down to 20 degrees. I doubt the deer will move until 8am or later. Plus tomorrow going to be a full moon. That would make for a perfect 10-2 hunt!

Reactions: John B.

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
Yup real cold plus lots of wind usually is late morning. Especially if there is frost on the ground. A few days in a row of cold mornings they will move earlier.

somewhere in a tree

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks guys, ill hold off on first thing then, i going to camden al sunday for a few days, so hopefully this cold will get them moving there to..

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I hunted last year during the polar vortex in late January. I recall my tree strap kept freezing to the buckle as I went up the tree. I didn't see a single animal....not even a bird or a squirrel. It was the coldest sit I have ever had...including my hunts in northern MS and southern Tennessee. Good luck if you go. Bundle up. Be safe.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,973 Posts
Them cold / windy mornings haven't ever been very productive for me for seeing deer, be good time to get the shotgun out and stomp some thickets, have jumped some good bucks that way, be surprised how close they'll let you get before they decide to jump.

·
central florida refugee
571 Posts
im goin for it !!! my boss wants to squeeze a hunt in before work so i might as well do the same

1 - 13 of 13 Posts