Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the hunting scene, mostly. A few seasons ago I went out to some part of blackwater a few times with a buddy who knew the area, a little. We would park, walk out into the woods, set a time to meet at the truck, then go find some good trees. I want to hunt a few times but I'll be on my own and looking at the WMA map doesn't help too much. Obviously safety is first concern walking around in blackwater but are there any unwritten "rules" I dare not break while looking for the perfect spot? Outside of the map, how do you know if you're in a open or closed area, the map shows some closed areas peppered into large open areas with no mapped roads to mark the change. Try not to flame me, and I'm not asking for your secret spot.

·
Super Moderator
13,345 Posts
The closed areas are marked with signs pretty well. I started hunting up there a bunch this year, and usually by myself. Just make sure you wear orange, and use a flashlight in low light. If I see a truck, I'll go somewhere else. If you have a smartphone, buy "scoutlook" it'll save your ass out there.

Sent from my LG G2X using Forum Runner

·
Super Moderator
29,553 Posts
Try to find closed roads, then recon around fer other vehicles....no vehicles around then hit the woods. Fer sure make sure like John said, orange, flashlight, heck almost need to wear a disco ball on your head to stand out!!! Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts