Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
bighunter25
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im know blackwater is off limits to hunting until the 15th of Dec. Is it against any rules or law to go take my climber and just go sit and just watch to see what traveling through some areas. Maybe bring my camrea and gets some pics.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Im know blackwater is off limits to hunting until the 15th of Dec. Is it against any rules or law to go take my climber and just go sit and just watch to see what traveling through some areas. Maybe bring my camrea and gets some pics.
Nope no laws against it. and also small game is open and muzzleloader is this weekend as well 1-3.

·
bighunter25
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you archery hunt during the muzzleloader season as long as you got the archery and muzzleloader stamps with the management stamp and qouta permit.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
No u cant hunt with a bow but idk how many game wardens would actually give u a hard time about it. i used to hint with my bow during muzzleloader until i bought onebut didnt know u couldnt use a bow at the time. but thats up to u

·
Praedator
10,214 Posts
So unless you have a ML, there is no public land to hunt this weekend????

I really wish they would just open the dang season and leave it open. Makes no sense to go in and out and change the weapons that can be used. FL game laws as far as the seasons make no sense. I am ok with an early archer season and then progressing to gun and even a late archery I suppose. But once gun season comes in, leave it in till it goes out for crying out loud.

So unless you have a ML or are on private land, there's no place to hunt this weekend? And even on private land, you have to use a bow right? So confusing.

·
Praedator
10,214 Posts
In Zone D yes you can hunt with a bow and i will be out in bw this weekend with mine. Directly from FWC:
http://myfwc.com/hunting/season-dates/

Nov. 26 - 30

Antlered deer only by crossbow or bow

Dec. 1-7 and Feb. 18-24
Antlered deer only by muzzleloader, crossbow or bow
Don't go by the FWC dates. You have to go off the dates within the BW brochure and other WMA brochures. Another thing I can't understand why the WMA dates differ from the regular state seasons etc...

This (below) is from the BW brochure.

MUZZLELOADING GUN SEASON:

December
1-3 (except in the Field Trial Area).

Permit, Stamp and License Requirements - Hunting license, management area permit,
muzzleloading gun permit, deer permit (if hunting deer) and migratory bird permit (if
hunting migratory birds).
Legal to Hunt - Deer with at least one antler 5 inches or more in length, wild hog, gray squirrel,
quail, rabbit, raccoon, opossum, armadillo, beaver, coyote, skunk, nutria, bobcat, otter and
migratory birds in season.
Regulations Unique to Muzzleloading Gun Season - In addition to these regulations, all General
Area Regulations shall apply.
1. Hunting with archery equipment or firearms, other than muzzleloading guns, is prohibited
except as allowed during other open seasons.

2. Hunting deer or wild hog with dogs is prohibited.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Muzzleloading gun season:
December*1-3*(except in the Field Trial Area).
Permit, Stamp and License Requirements*- Hunting license, management area permit, muzzleloading gun permit, deer permit (if hunting deer) and migratory bird permit (if hunting migratory birds).
Legal to Hunt*- Deer with at least one antler 5 inches or more in length, wild hog, gray squirrel, quail, rabbit, raccoon, opossum, armadillo, beaver, coyote, skunk, nutria, bobcat, otter and migratory birds in season.
Regulations Unique to Muzzleloading Gun Season*- In addition to these regulations, all General Area Regulations shall apply.

·
Praedator
10,214 Posts
Holy crap it most definitely is confusing. Guess i'll just bowhunt private land then. Thanks for the heads up this.
I am sure they catch all kinds of people like yourself that thought they could bow hunt and will be in BW this weekend with no ML.

We got checked at a road block this past Sat evening. They are definatlely out there checking. Officer told us they will be back up there this weekend running road blocks again.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I am sure they catch all kinds of people like yourself that will be in BW this weekend with no ML.

We got checked at a road block this past Sat evening. They are definatlely out there checking. Officer told us they will be back up there this weekend running road blocks again.
Yea they got us to except it wasn't a road block they was sittin off cemetery rd eating lunch there was like three or four trucks

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I definitely owe you one. They usually hit it pretty hard the first quota hunt weekend, i had 2 waiting on me in Munson area one year and usually see em here and there throughout the season. Thanks again for the heads up

·
Registered
199 Posts
We got stopped every day this weekend from Thurs to Sun, north end to south end. It was like this last year round Thanksgiving too.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Murphy use to get me every Thanksgiving. Knock on wood I haven't been stopped in four years LoL.
Watch him, he gets carried away and forgets where the county line is actually at. Beaver Creek Hwy, is not in Santa Rosa county....and it does not matter which side of it your standing on!!!!:thumbsup:
On the bright side.....that is grounds to dismiss the ticket!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Watch him, he gets carried away and forgets where the county line is actually at. Beaver Creek Hwy, is not in Santa Rosa county....and it does not matter which side of it your standing on!!!!:thumbsup:
On the bright side.....that is grounds to dismiss the ticket!
Archer -1..... FWC officers...... can enforce rules/ regulations in any county of the state...all 67. Thats why they have an emblem of the State of Florida and not Santa Rosa county on their uniform!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Archer -1..... FWC officers...... can enforce rules/ regulations in any county of the state...all 67. Thats why they have an emblem of the State of Florida and not Santa Rosa county on their uniform!
Yes Sir, I realize how that works, I've been teaching Archery and Bowhunting classes for them for 18 years now. I was just saying when the officer writes you for an infraction in Santa Rosa county, but you were on a right of way in Okaloosa county the Judge finds it humorious!:D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yes Sir, I realize how that works, I've been teaching Archery and Bowhunting classes for them for 18 years now. I was just saying when the officer writes you for an infraction in Santa Rosa county, but you were on a right of way in Okaloosa county the Judge finds it humorious!:D
I imagine the judges just laugh at some of the hunting /fishing infractions that come before them in court.
Good for you on teaching the archery program for 18 years ...Ive been employed at the FWC fish hatchery in Holt for 30 years.
Looks like you archery folks will have a new archery range over here in Beulah in the next 6 months or so....work is coming along.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Took my Step-daughter to the kids fishing day at the hatchery a Loooong time ago (she's 17 now) and had a great time!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts