Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son Ben killed an nice 8 point buck yesterday afternoon :notworthy:....173lbs. 15" spread ......not a giant set of antlers....but a good Blackwater WMA area buck.
Picture of this buck on game camera from bow season this past October, allowed us to concentrate on the area.....
He finally walked out of the river swamp at 4:05.
Trying to post pics............. :help:

·
Super Moderator
28,621 Posts
Come on.....a nice BW buck???? Gotta get some pics up!!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,621 Posts
Yessir!!! Nice un!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matt McLeod,
Thanks for sharing his picture ....I have a couple on my phone that I want to post on here....if someone wants to post here for me I can send you the pics.... This was truly a remarkably large bodied buck. His neck is swollen and he was very stinky, with dark brown tarsal glands.........
The buck came out between were Ben and I were set up on an abandoned food plot bed/ dirt road at the river swamp edge.
Ben was set up to the south of the food plot made the shot..........buck bolted but was staggering downward. Ran about thirty yards an collapsed.
Proud for him ....spending the day deer hunting and seeing the results of success.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
lastcast.....thanks man for posting pics.

Scootman ........ the skinning shed is awesome .... electric hoist, hot water ,cold water ,ice..... lights and lots of room...

Espo .....thanks man ....... he ( Ben) scored big time..... The hug and high five's shared by he an I .....will be the highlight of the hunt....
Love the pictures of you and your daughter hunting .

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
With that kind of shot placement get him a 223! Great buck.

·
PFF Official Referee
5,244 Posts
Espo .....thanks man ....... he ( Ben) scored big time..... The hug and high five's shared by he an I .....will be the highlight of the hunt....
Love the pictures of you and your daughter hunting .

No problem Bubba... There are PLENTY of bucks out there his size and bigger... Me and my boys don't share all the stories of the deer we have seen in the "BeeDub"... That is awesome that Big Ben laid the smack down... I bet you he can tell you exactly how it went down... Pass my PERSONAL congrats to ol' Big Ben... Well done.... Well done....

·
Registered
848 Posts
Dad was pretty accurate with the story, deer came out at 4:05, let the browning bark the first time and wasn't sure if I connected or not, looked through the scope and I could see I blew his shoulders out, but due to the distance of the shot I felt it was quite necissary to send him another one so I put it on him again and sent the Lightning , this one hit his spine and wadded him up! Both shots were free hand about 275 yards. Browning automatic did him in pretty good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts