Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He aint big, but definitely a big-bodied deer. Came in on me at 7:45 and I let the hammer down. He ran 35 yrds and piled up. No blood at all until right before he laid down, and even then it was on a tree he rubbed against. Glad I learned to watch where they run. My .270 balistic silvertips tore him up inside. Of course, at 18 yards I could have probably just spit on him. Can anyone say "burger?" Yum

·
SaltWaterDave
1,849 Posts
Good job Spooney. Looks like burger to me.

It was nice this morning, I was sure something was gonna walk in on me but no dice. Gladyou got one!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Nice buck! I had the same problem with ballistic silver tips in my 30/06 and I changed to Winchester accubonds and now there is no shortage of blood trails if they run at all. Again nice buck, I know you had to work for him on public land

·
Registered
823 Posts
Nice work and congrats!!:clap

gotta ask though.. Do you have that buck laying in some kind of laundry basket?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good job congrats. Ballistic Tip = No Blood Any time someone says there was no blood ask themwhat type of bullet you wont be surprised.

·
Registered
356 Posts
congrats! id be happy with him. how much did he weigh? he showing signs of rut?

i shoot 3006 Winchester powderpoints, havent had a problem with them at all, blood trails been pretty good. they drop them pretty quick too.

·
Super Moderator
28,512 Posts
Jeff that's better then any deer I've shot this year!!!! Good job brother!!!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
342 Posts
congrats on a public deer .... cant say i have ever had a problem with ballistic tips but i am shooting 7mm mag so it goes completely thru most of the time,, just my gun loves them and are extremely accurate

1 - 17 of 17 Posts