Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY EVERYONE......

JUST TO INTRODUCE MYSELF IMJEFF RUSSELL. I AM NEW TO THE FORUM BUT WAS INTERESTED IN THE UPDATES AND TALK THAT GOES ON SO I THOUGHT I WOULD JOIN AND PUT IN MY 2 CENTS. ME AND TWO OF MY FRIENDS WERE IN BLACKWATER BAY ON 12/22/2007. THE RESULTS WERE PRETTY GOOD. ALTHOUGH THE WEATHER WAS A LITTLE ROUGH, WE STILL MANAGED TO CATCH9 REDS AND 17 TROUT.WE THREW TOPWATER, BERKLEY GULP 3" SHRIMP(NEW PENNY OR MOLTING), AND THE GOLD SPOON. TOP BAIT OF THE DAY WOULD HAVE TO BE THE SPOON. THE BITE WAS PRETTY STEADY THROUGHOUT THE DAY UP TO ABOUT2PM. WE HAVE NOTICED THE INCREASING NUMBEROF THEGATOR TROUT THIS YEAR AS COMPARED TO THE PASTYEARS AND WERE WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY EXPLANATION AS TO WHY.ANYWAYS, I'LL HAVE SOME PICTURES OF SOME FISH FROM THE TRIP UP IN A FEW DAYS.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Great day. GOLDSPOONS ROCK! The reason there are so many big trout is ,I dont eat Specks.:hotsunI really enjoy letting the Big Trout swim out of my hand. I dont target them this time of year. I fish for whites,whitng and sheeps. Good luck to you. Keep throwing that spoon.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Welcome and thanks for the report. Sounds like we will have more in the future and looking forward to it.:toast

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tightline

The water in Blackwater got clearer and clearer with each passing monthe this past year.The water has been a mess since ivan and the asphalt plant in bagdad shutdown helping the backwater of blackwater.I have fished that river for 40 years and that pic is a very welcomed sight .Thanks

Pat

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Great Report!!!:clap And thanks for the info. Keep the info coming on those specks and reds. My favorite type of fishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts