Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I launched just before daylight w/ a slight NNW wind, really nice calm cool morning.

The game plan for this morning’s trip was to work on the docks and grass beds of my targeted area. We are in a NEAP tide pattern at the bottom of a small outgoing tide change, almost full moon last night.

I started off throwing the spook, after a few casts caught the 16” in the darker photo just as the sun was coming up. Caught a few more trout between 12-16” on top water as I worked my way around the bank.

Switched to the MD and after a few avg. sized trout, caught the 20” in the photo.

Took a few more pics of some other trout I boated this morning. The bite was good, strong and consistent. Had to leave for work at 8:00.

Final tally: 12-14 trout, between 12” - 20”. MOST caught on the MD.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice report. Have you fished north of I10 yet this season?
Not since April of this yr.
BUT...the trout are there, reds too.

They'll keep moving in as the weather cools.
I have noticed the areas I fish, there seems to be larger fish moving in.

I almost launched at the oyster pile and fished the river channels this morning.

·
Formerly Hank Hill
839 Posts
Did ya do any good at oyster pile Bruce? Weather says a few mornings in the 50's comming next week, water sould be cooling down and moving them that way.
Great job on the trout

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did ya do any good at oyster pile Bruce? Weather says a few mornings in the 50's comming next week, water sould be cooling down and moving them that way.
Great job on the trout
Mac;
Didn't launch there after all...but I agree w/ you about the cooler weather. I might try the river this next week.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Tried it yesterday. Put the Yak in at Simpson River Park ,east of Jims Fish camp and caught a bunch of rat reds. one small speck.

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts