Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked the fish activity tables; it showed a high activity level along w/ an incoming tide yesterday afternoon between 1:00 – 3:00. I decided to take advantage of the incoming tide and fish for a couple hours in the afternoon.
Launched at Bagdad around 1:45.
Tide was very low….water was too shallow to motor into my spot, even w/ a fast moving incoming tide. So I raised the outboard, left the trolling motor on the deck & drifted w/ the wind until I reached my targeted spot, small narrow section of channel w/ high water movement, BLACK mud bottom, depths ranging from shoreline to 6ft.
My arsenal included the usual suspects…mr-17, Z-man jig , etc…started off w/ the mr-17, never changed lures. While the water was moving I sat there and caught about 9-10 specks…all the same size. The biggun’s are just escaping me this year.
As soon as the water (tide) was full, bite stopped cold.
Called it around 3:00, headed to the ramp…total tally for my short trip…approx. (lost count) around 9-10 specks all 14-16”…here photos of a few I caught.
Sorry for the blacked-out photo...one of my fav. spots...easily recognizable by most.

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
Nice work! That black fog was rolling in yesterday eh?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Nice job I haven't been fishing in over a month! This makes me wanna go fishing.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
One if my dock posts was on dry land this morning and the dock is 16×32. That's about 4.5' down from normal water height. It's the wind. Blows all the water out into the ICW/gulf.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the BW River drops any more, they'll have to change it's name to BW Creek. That north wind!!!
Yep, makes getting to those deep holes wayyy back in the basins a challenge.

Figure I'll just start walking to my fishing pots, save gas!

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
That spot produces well in the spring. Anchor up and make long casts. Holds big numbers of reds. If it is windy even better. Pushes all the small bait into the grass

somewhere in a tree

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmmm. BASIN!!!! Careful, you'll be announcing your spot(s).
Nah...not worried...only a handful of boats can get where I fish...you have to draft less than a ft. to get in there and be willing to push or pole if you get stranded.

Did you know there are over a dozen basins in our river system.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That spot produces well in the spring. Anchor up and make long casts. Holds big numbers of reds. If it is windy even better. Pushes all the small bait into the grass

somewhere in a tree
This spot produces all yr. long....for me at least.:)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nice. Thanks for letting us know what was working for you with the lures.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts