Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was a cold morning today on blackwater but we bundled up, gritted our teeth and decided to deal with a few iced up eyelets anyway. Our efforts payed off and were rewarded with some good trout and reds. Most fish were caught on zman jerk shad in redbone color scented with procure inshore saltwater formula rigged on a weighted EWG and fished SLOWWWWWW. Kept 1 red 25" and 3 trout 18-20" and threw a few other trout that were right around 16" back. Also threw back another red that was right at 18" with some awesome spots on him. Off the water by noon-ish and back into a nice warm truck! Perfect way to start the day off. Tight lines all!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Nice looking fish.
How deep were you fishing on this cold morning?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice looking fish.
How deep were you fishing on this cold morning?

Barefoot, all the trout we caught were hanging close to shore on steep drop offs, ones that went from shore to 6-8 ft deep within about a 10-15ft lateral distance. The reds we caught were back in some of the cuts around the mouth of the yellow river, hanging out in about 2-2.5ft. I know you fish that area frequently hopefully this helps. Tight lines!!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Barefoot, all the trout we caught were hanging close to shore on steep drop offs, ones that went from shore to 6-8 ft deep within about a 10-15ft lateral distance. The reds we caught were back in some of the cuts around the mouth of the yellow river, hanging out in about 2-2.5ft. I know you fish that area frequently hopefully this helps. Tight lines!!
Good info., thanks.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Nice catch. With all the rain we had the fish should holding around the mouths of the rivers. I just don't like the cold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts