Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody drift in the bays for black tips? If yes how many rods? I always shark fish with 3 rods but in water not as deep would 2 work best or just 1?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Over in Mobile Bay, I have had better luck on Blacktips anchored and chumming with pogies. Two rods with balloons, and 2 rods, staggered distance, on the bottom. We have caught a number of blacktips, plus big Crevalles and every year we have a tarpon sighting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! New to the area. I shark fished the north east avidly. I see some stuff is the same and other things are a total relearn. Making it a lot of fun!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I am not sure if the fishery is much different over your way but just east of you I will see them and spinners crashing bait in the mornings. I do not typically specifically fish for them but once they get consistent, I will go back in the areas and locate them and then pitch baits back in there area.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
What Weatherman said. If you can find the pogy schools, there's no better place to fish. Clip the tail off a pogy, live or dead and he won't be around long.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
We've caught some big bull sharks doing the same. Balloon and a loooong leader so you don't get tail whipped. Baits either Spanish Mack's. Pogies or white trout or skip Jack. Really just what ever we can get.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts