Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
that is correct, once a motor goes on it has to be registered, including trolling motors. Just FYI

The closes to shore Ive caught a bft was in "the gut" between the beach and the sandbar. School came crashing down and ate a jig. It was awesome! Nice catch!

FYI, FWC has been popping people with non registered canoes and yaks with motors.

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,927 Posts
That's awesome man! Love content like this, where it's short & to the point. Keeps you watching, unlike the drawn out, incredible monotonous & boring 10 to 15 minute videos that have a couple minutes of fishing & an unreal amount of reiterating the same few things to try to increase the video time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It used to be over 5 hp, now it's any motor! That's almost as bad as Alabama where even canoes and sailboats (without motors) have to be registered. What BS!
You do not register non-powered boats (canoes) in AL. If you put a motor on it, it is required. Sailboats yes. Is that not the same as FL?

You do not register or tag boat trailers in AL.

·
Registered
557 Posts
You do not register non-powered boats (canoes) in AL. If you put a motor on it, it is required. Sailboats yes. Is that not the same as FL?

You do not register or tag boat trailers in AL.
Last time I checked, you didn't register sailboats unless they had an auxiliary motor. But I haven't checked in at least 30 years. It might also depend on the length.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,356 Posts
Looked pretty sporty out there that day. Nice catch!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Last time I checked, you didn't register sailboats unless they had an auxiliary motor. But I haven't checked in at least 30 years. It might also depend on the length.
In AL, all sailboats have to be registered (regardless of size), as well as all motor powered vessels, also rental canoes/kayaks have to be registered. In FL, all motor powered vessels have to be registered, as well as sailboats over 16' long.

As a youth in Alabama in Lake Tuscaloosa, the sheriff's water patrol loved to harass my brothers and I in our Sunfish (13') sailboat. We were ticketed at least twice for not having our registration paperwork on us. Boat was registered, but considering a sunfish, it was hard to keep the paperwork with us. After the second ticket, we started getting the paperwork laminated, and would ducktape it into the cockpit. We still got harassed quite a bit (pulled over to check our registration and life jackets), but didn't get another ticket. My dad then bought a pontoon boat. We probably spent as much time kneeboarding behind it as we usually did in the sunfish, but they didn't ever pull us over. Guess there was something about that Sunfish that irritated them.

·
Premium Member
10,927 Posts
That's awesome man! Love content like this, where it's short & to the point. Keeps you watching, unlike the drawn out, incredible monotonous & boring 10 to 15 minute videos that have a couple minutes of fishing & an unreal amount of reiterating the same few things to try to increase the video time.
D4399C01-CAF3-4BFD-8D54-FF0E8ABCD018.jpeg

What Thafish said.

Congrats on the grill material. Good Blackfin.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I caught a nice blackfin at the paradise hole a few years ago. You never know how close some good fish come to shore at times.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I wasnt being tough, I was just saying to watch out running a motor with out registration. Not to worry thought, Im fairly positive this guy is another one of those that posts a video for clicks on his youtube channel but never comes back unless its to post another video....aka spam.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I took 4 BF in one day at PCB on the old Dan Russell pier...hooked up with 9 that day.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts