Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where to go for maps and regs to hunt black water? I want to hunt some up there this year but don't know where to begin thanks

·
Super Moderator
29,527 Posts
Walmart, but fer like 5 bucks you can buy a better detailed map from the forrestry office on Muson Hwy just south of Hwy 4....

·
Praedator
10,212 Posts
I just started with the WMA brochure from FWC and google maps. I drove up to a given area that I had pre-determined and started driving off the main roads where ever I saw a yellow bollard marker marking a BW road/trail. Got out of my truck and walked into the woods till I would find deer sign and find a tree that I could climb for that area.

The whole time I am doing this I have my portable GPS in my backpack tracking me so that I can come back and look on google earth at my track. When ever I find a tree that's worth climbing near some deer sign, I made a mark on my GPS. I have done this three times in BW and I have what I think are about 8-10 decent spots to hunt. We will know this fall. It's my first time hunting public land. I am used to driving up to a predetermined shooting house and waiting for the deer to come out.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I just started with the WMA brochure from FWC and google maps. I drove up to a given area that I had pre-determined and started driving off the main roads where ever I saw a yellow bollard marker marking a BW road/trail. Got out of my truck and walked into the woods till I would find deer sign and find a tree that I could climb for that area.

The whole time I am doing this I have my portable GPS in my backpack tracking me so that I can come back and look on google earth at my track. When ever I find a tree that's worth climbing near some deer sign, I made a mark on my GPS. I have done this three times in BW and I have what I think are about 8-10 decent spots to hunt. We will know this fall. It's my first time hunting public land. I am used to driving up to a predetermined shooting house and waiting for the deer to come out.
Thats the good thing about BW find you a spot with some sign and you will see deer...maybe not huge deer but deer nonetheless.

·
Praedator
10,212 Posts
Thats the good thing about BW find you a spot with some sign and you will see deer...maybe not huge deer but deer nonetheless.
I like to eat deer, not the horns. If I get a wall hanger one day, it will be great. But I just like to eat the dang things too much to worry about horns at this point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts