Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m camping on black water bay off Escribano point in October. Chasing reds in kayaks. Could use some direction so we don’t spend the trip paddling instead of catching. Not asking for your honeyholes, just some general direction. Throwing artificial from kayaks.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You got to find the bait. I’ve caught them in and around catfish basin. Best bet would be the garcon bridge but that’s a haul. If you can locate any schools of bait you should find them pretty easy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've fished the coves around Grassy Point a couple of times and caught some reds. If you're able to head north past Catfish Basin, the coves around Weaver River and Skim Lake should produce some trout and redfish.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
There’s an old oyster bed southeast of Skevans, it’s marked with PVC pipes. I’ve caught specs and reds on it..
FYI...... The locals call Escrabano point, Skevans

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There’s an old oyster bed southeast of Skevans, it’s marked with PVC pipes. I’ve caught specs and reds on it..
FYI...... The locals call Escrabano point, Skevans
How far southeast of Skevans? Best guess.
Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Not at white point. That’s where the oyster farm is. Go southeast toward Holley, the old oyster bed is near the area where the high tension power lines cross East bay. Marked by PVC pipes, you’ll see it.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
The white spit of sand in the upper left is Skevans.
If you follow the shoreline southeast you will see Miller point, this is the power line crossing.
the oyster bed is just about a half mile or so west of the power line.
0D4EBD66-AB3A-487F-AEE8-766F230B41E0.png

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
There is s9me pretty good bream fishing in Fundy bayou right there by Skevans as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts