Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fishing out of PCB now for about two years from 40' to 120' on some great hard bottom but have yet to catch a single Sea Bass. I have fished Carrabelle and St Marks for years and have always caught them, either as targets or incidental to targeting other bottom fish. So what's the deal over here further west; are they fished out, or deeper, or what?

I'm just surprised I never see them or hear any talk on the forums about them over here.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
They are not here,!!! like where you have caught them before.. in 12 years and I've caught 2

·
Praedator
9,975 Posts
Just not their home for the most part. Every once in a blue moon, we will have one show up as incidental catch and find a lost one. They were a huge target when I lived on the Atlantic coast. Oddly enough, the state record was caught out of PCB I believe.

·
Super Moderator
28,366 Posts
I caught 1 (sea bass wasn't very black) a couple weeks ago...purty little fella was in about 80 ft on natural bottom.

·
Registered
58 Posts
They are in St. Andrews Bay. Found them by chance when I fished around the Old Sunken Sailboat(which is gone now) which was sunk about a 1/2 mile from the Pass. Find structure in the Bay....they are there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts