Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question. All the new "black out cameras" look like the same old regular IR flash cams with a ten cent filter in front of the bulbs. One model looked like they had coated the bulbs with a dark stain. Anybody know what's up with these... Are they really 100% black with no visible flash?

·
Super Moderator
28,791 Posts
I've got a Primos Blackout and love it....It still has a shutter click and I have noticed deer looking at the camera. Battery life is great!!! I've got the camo 1 not the black weird looking 1......here are some sample pics....

PRMS0051.jpg

PRMS0151.jpg

PRMS0274.jpg

PRMS0574.jpg

·
Super Moderator
28,791 Posts

·
Banned
3,081 Posts
My Moultrie M-80 does not have a click, have not tried their BO but may. You know we have all our animals trained on the lease as we have solar motion white LED lights at each feeder location. They walk in and the light comes on, now a flash cam would not bother them. We have all these kill lights in green, red and amber, just use white and they would never know, just have not tried it yet!

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought the M80 but didn't go for the blackout. No shutter click but nighttime pics with motion were a little blurry and it has the "motion freeze" feature. I saved the receipt!

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the x with the faster shutter speed setting but was still pretty blurry. It's in the woods now... Can't wait till next weekend!!

·
Banned
3,081 Posts
Really, hmmm, not supposed to do that, I upgraded my old ones and they seem to work fine. We killed an 85lb Thur and had him 4 time in pics before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts