Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the FWC Weekly Reports (Aug 9-15) where a guy was charged for possessing illegal fish at Ft Pickens pier.
It's bad enough that the guy had kept the illegal fish, But to implicate his kids too, that brings a new meaning to "Thanks for being there Dad".

:rolleyes: "Ah, but officer, my kids caught them too, why am I the only one getting a ticket?" :rolleyes:

Partial extract from the report:
"was found in possession of 40 Spanish Mackerel, 32 of which were undersized. The individual claimed two of his children helped catch the fish."

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
bet they were from mexico:whistling:

jack

·
Super Moderator
28,512 Posts
Awesome fatherly acts!

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the fine on over-limit and under-sized mackerel, $500 each count or per incident? If per count, that'd be $15k for undersized, and/or $12.5k for over-limit. Not counting court fees and wildlife fund fees.
Bet that stand-up Dad of the Year is praying the judge is in a good mood on sentencing day.:yes:

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Being on the pier for so many years, i'll never eat another king or spanish for the rest of my life.
Just curious, Why? Due to Mercury levels or pier mackerel get half eaten before you can get him up, you never catch them from a pier, you've ate so many already, more than your share.... Or...?

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,816 Posts
After getting a boat and now eating, trigger, red snapper, mingos, grouper, almacozzz, dolphin. I have no interest of eating them again. When I catch kings I take a pick and throw them back over.

·
Registered
193 Posts
King Mackeral

I cut in to pieces marinate for a few hours and smoke my king for 45 min. then make a dip out of them. Guys at work can't get enough. Same thing with blackfin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts