Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I just bought one!! Anyome ever had one processed? Curious of how its gonna come. I had a steak once, and my mouth is drooling thinking about it

·
Constitution Conservative
2,580 Posts
You should be the one deciding how it gets cut/packaged.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
It's just a big tender cow. Treat it like beef and err toward the rare side and it'll be great.

·
Registered
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^ thats what I have been reading. Cook it a tad rarer than you like your beef. Guess we will be finding out before too long. Anyone wanna go in on some of it, lol

·
Constitution Conservative
2,580 Posts
Cook it just like you cook venison or most any other wild, four footed critter.
Hot, fast and rare/med rare... Or... Low, slow and wet.
Hogs are an exception of course.

·
Registered
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought a Bison " Hunt " in Camden Al. I am sure there is not much Hunt to it, but at $1400 butchered, its hard to pass up 5-600 lbs of Bison, imo. No matter the cuts, I am thinking a few ways split, should be $3 or less a pound. I didnt intemd to split it up, but if my boys rack em up again like they have been the last few years, we gonna have 200 ish lbs of deer in the freezer already.
So assuming its 5-600 lbs of meat like I am hoping, 3 or 4 ways or atleast offload 2-300 lbs be great! Will p.m. when I talk to the land owner and find out when processor is open. While I loke the thought of a bison skull mount, think I rather have no meat wasted with a .300Win Mag to the base of the skull!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts