Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this little guy up on a planned trip to KY just before Christmas.Already showing promise, he will be ready to go next quail season.

MarkW

·
Registered
189 Posts
Good lookin pup yea got! Ran two britts a setter and couple pointers day before yesterday and did phenomenal finding 6 covies all together, pointers were pups and had a blast playin in the mud puddles! Brittnays are great dogs for this area can even walk-in hunt with them.

CurtyV

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Man; that little guy takes my breath away. I have had several bird dogs through the years, but the one that I loved the most was a orange and liver Brittany named "Dixie Belle". Hunted her in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri, and when I moved back South I didn't have a place to keep her so I gave her to some friends who made a pet of her. Great friend; I know you will have fun training.

I started my pups the day that I got them; either on a bird wing tied to a fishing line, or a sock with some bird scent. It is great to see an 8 or 10 week old pup lock up on a feather.:clap

·
Registered
676 Posts
You made my day. I ran a Brit for over 15 years. Got her from MR Henson over in Milton. She only lacked 4 pt being a AKC field Champ but that dog loved my girls (who at the time were small) as much as finding birds. Sure do miss her and the time we spent together. IMO best damn bird dogs out there.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replys. Hereare a couplemore pictures. As you can tell life is hard on bird dogs around my house.

MarkW

·
Registered
185 Posts
That is one pretty pup. I went on a hunt Sunday afternoon with 3 brittney's and they are unbelieveble. I've been surfing the web for pups all week.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bamafan - great looking setter!

Ilander-Got my Brittany at twin cedar kennels in KY. I went and pickedhim up, but the kennel will ship via airto you. he also raises setter and pointer puppies.The Brittany line is out of the John Edwards line of Brittany's (Goldsboro, NC). Old man Edwards did a lot for the breed in America. There is a tribute to John Edwards on the twin cedars website. Website link provided below:http://www.twincedarskennel.com/

MarkW

1 - 14 of 14 Posts