Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you using. Mine hasn’t been cleaned in a couple years. Got the mold and mildew thing going on. I’ve used bleach and soap in the past but wondering if any of the commercial products work as good.

Whatcha using?

·
Premium Member
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear people using tilex. Mine was so bad I used a grinder, fiberglass and then gelcoat. lol
Mines about that bad Charlie. I’m kinda embarrassed about it. Don’t tell anybody.

Reactions: Boat-Dude

·
Premium Member
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: MrFish

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,970 Posts
There's 2 types of the Tilex. The normal liquid and the foam stuff that doesn't want to spread.
I'd get 1 of ea, foam for the corners, the other to spray large area.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I put plug in mine fill with water and mean green let sit a couple hours and turn on bilge pumps the remove plug and was out with hose sprayer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,086 Posts
This will do it. It will penetrate and kill all mold. Its works. Its completely safe to use. I used the car pack for my truck after I quit smoking. I used multiple packs when I sold my house.

All you do is open the top and add water. Close the bilge and walk away.

https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Shocker-ClO2-interior-eliminator/dp/B001H8VLFC/ref=asc_df_B001H8VLFC/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312111914312&hvpos=1o18&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12837474795519162137&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011683&hvtargid=pla-493631192345&psc=1

·
Premium Member
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,086 Posts
I found a box full of them. The auto shocker is enough for the boat. You just open the container and add warm water using the measuring cup provided. It emits a chloride gas that is safe on everything. I used one in my upstairs bathroom that had a molded ceiling. I removed nothing in that room.

Come get one. Its free.

Keith

·
Premium Member
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found a box full of them. The auto shocker is enough for the boat. You just open the container and add warm water using the measuring cup provided. It emits a chloride gas that is safe on everything. I used one in my upstairs bathroom that had a molded ceiling. I removed nothing in that room.

Come get one. Its free.

Keith
Thanks for the offer. I really do a appreciate it. But I don’t know when I would be able to get over there. Work has me 6 and 7 days a week right now. I’ll order some tonight.

Thanks again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts