Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Biggest Mingo I have ever seen

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Chris V 
#1 ·
I saw this on YouTube I am not sure how to post videos but they pull up a monster mingo in it that I thought was worthy of sharing. If I didn't post it right please feel free to fix it.

#12 ·
Mullethead (12/27/2009)I don't think its a blackfin snapper - no black at the base of the pectoral fins

dang - spent a perfectly good afternoon watching the Saints rather than fishing - I think I will go sit in the boat for a while and idle the engines - always makes me feel a little better
Not blackFIN snapper, BLACK snapper.

#13 ·
<H2>Hard to find info on these guys</H2><H2>Black Snapper</H2>Apsilus dentatus

Managed by: SAFMC<H3>Physical description:</H3>Similar to red snapper. <H3>Biological description:</H3>Similar to red snapper. <H3>South Atlantic Federal Regulations</H3>(For areas three-200 miles off the coasts of NC, SC, GA, and East Florida) <H3>Commercial:</H3>Limited access permit required. <UL><LI>12" TL size limit. <LI>Must be landed with heads and fins intact. <LI>Gear restrictions apply. </LI>[/list]<H3>Recreational:</H3><UL><LI>Retention limit of 10 snappers per person. SeeRecreational Regulations Summary (pdf). <LI>12" TL size limit. <LI>Must be landed with head and fins intact. <LI>Gear restrictions apply. </LI>[/list]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.