Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone could comment on the biggest AJ they have caught in a kayak, or biggest one they know of being caught, or on a boat within the 3 mile range. Trying to figure out how large of an AJ will come in that close. Would love to see any picks you have also!

·
The Tourist
2,273 Posts
You can get them in the 15-20lb range within 5miles. Biggest AJ ive caught was only about 32-33" and 12-15lb or so. I've caught yellowtail over 30lbs on the yak and they are a blast.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, That has been my experince as well. Biggest ones are all just barely over the lenght limit. Which i'm not complaining about. Would love to have a chance to do some yellowtail fishin on the west coast one day.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
We was at tex ed last week and I was pulling up a smaller one and he had a couple following him that looked big enough to eat him. But the just legal ones was so thick i couldn't get to the bigger ones

·
Registered
143 Posts
Curious if anyone could comment on the biggest AJ they have caught in a kayak, or biggest one they know of being caught, or on a boat within the 3 mile range. Trying to figure out how large of an AJ will come in that close. Would love to see any picks you have also!
Here's the biggest one I've seen caught in a Yak. This was in Destin July 6, less than 1.5 miles from the beach. A few of my buddies and I caught over 20 of them in the 30 to 35 inch range. -JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
They wouldn't touch a live cig the other day. Either a ruby red or a Mingo couldn't stay down for 10 sec wouldn't getting crushed haven't had no hartails but I'd imagine the would tear em up

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Seems like destin is the place to be for them. How are they on the public numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts