Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the water Thursday and Saturday looking for some nice trout, and definitely found what I was looking for. Started making a custom jerkbait, a Vision 110SR, and I can’t believe the bites it’s been getting and the way the fish are responding to it. Stuck a giant both days, and was able to watch both of them track it from a long way out, lock on to it and eat right at the bow of my kayak. Doesn’t get much better than that! 4 over 25” on Thursday and 6 over 25” on Saturday and lots of male trout. Redfish have been schooled up everywhere but very picky, and with the amount of big trout I’m seeing, it was not even worth wasting time on them. Still using the green patterns mimicking all the silver mullet the fish are following around. Here’s a few pics.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Another amazing report, when you say custom jerk bait, are you talking about the paint job, or are you actually making baits?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another amazing report, when you say custom jerk bait, are you talking about the paint job, or are you actually making baits?
Thank you. This was a goal I had, to make something that is not available anywhere. I buy 110 blanks, and created a duplication process to shave the lip down. Factory lure runs 5-6’, after my process they run 2’ or so. Then I paint them, clear coat and rig them up.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Thank you. This was a goal I had, to make something that is not available anywhere. I buy 110 blanks, and created a duplication process to shave the lip down. Factory lure runs 5-6’, after my process they run 2’ or so. Then I paint them, clear coat and rig them up.
nice work on those hard baits, jeff.
jack

Reactions: JeffBfishing

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Nice to see the big boys again. Been a long while nice I seen trout that big. Great catch!

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Beautiful fish, Jeff! Way to go, I'm still in awe.

Reactions: JeffBfishing

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guys. It’s been a really fun week of fishing. New moon passing had the big girls staged up and it was incredible. Hopefully it’ll go off again when this wind dies down some and the full moon starts to light up the sky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts