Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We launched at 17th Avenue this morning with waves breaking on the ramp. The eastwind washowlingwith a1 to 2 foot chop. Arrived at 5:45am andcaught 2 ribbion fish, out theballoonswent on the 850SS.At 6:15 the first ribbon went screamingsouth about 200 yardsbefore gettingtail whipped. Thenmy wife'sribbon went off which resulted in landing a 5lb spanish. That was the end of the live baits, so Ithrew out a gulp andby accident caught and released a40" redfish not shown. While landing the redfish my better half hooked another 4lb spanish on a dead cigar minnow. All others were caughton dead cigars, and by my better half. This bite went on until 9:30when theCape Horn decided to TRY....and anchor.... NOT oh well had a cooler full.Here are some pic's.

All caught at thePensacola Port

SEE YA AT THE FISHING HOLE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great catch!!!!! Those are some stud spanish. Bet the first ribbon lost was to a nice king. Looks like you guys had a blast. Heard it before, the better have taking first place. Thanks for the report. :clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Nice report Tammy, I meant Ken........ Good thing you had her with you! All kidding aside, nice report, and congrats after all the hell that you've gone through with that rebuild these past 3 months.... Keep those reports coming. Tight lines to ya, T

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
good report kenny & tammy...thanks for the pics...seems like when the ladies go, there is always fish brought in and usually the biggest...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks for the pics you guys. The bay has been pretty choppy out there. I stopped by pickens and getting an anchor to hold is not worth the time and hardache of trying to keep the boat off the conrete. What a mess it was. I should have just drifted or trolled that day.

Looks like luck was on your side, or her side:clap

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The colors!!! the colors!!!! so many to choose from, I think I will use BLUE!!! or Maybe PINK!!!find out tomorrowsame time!!!same bat channel!!!! This time with 6' of105 LB straight leader with many trebs. Be there or be square early Friday morning.

SEE YA AT THE FISHING HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just cleaned up boat from morning trip sorry no pics at this time. Arrived a 5:45 am attached 80 lb mono to small reel with Gulp, Nuclear Chicken or Chart Pepper Neon I don't think it matters. Note; before daylight"caught 8ribbons,about 14" to 24" in about five minutes allnext to west side ofport pilings. At7:15 first ribbon 4Lb Spanish, second 8:15 another 4Lbspanish and third 8:20, 44" bull redfish.Hope this is more than enough info toget you started!!!!

SEE YA AT THE FISHING HOLE!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts