Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Big ol tourist tuna!

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Shark Sugar 
#1 ·
Went out of Destin on the yak the other day to do a little pre snapper fishing and just have some fun, hoping to keep some black snapper and troll something up. Live cigs were around thick just after first light, then became a little harder to find...found small wads of them here and there on the bottom. Surf was flat and seas were pretty sporty at first but laid down flat by mid morning. We threw back probably 15 red snapper, most of them between 5-10 lbs, a few triggers, a gag 2 inches short, and had 1 black snapper to keep. The oooh and ahhh for the beach goers was this 27.4 lb jack crevaille i caught on the troll out...
man was it fun on the yak! My buddy will eat anything edible, literally, so I gave it to him to try. Even iron gut man himself was a little skeptical when he saw how dark the blood line was, and said it almost looked like pork chop meat after cooking. Anyway, he fried some and baked some, said him and his family loved both ways haha...something wrong with those taste buds! But was glad the big ol tourist tuna made a happy fisher and a lot of meals.
Vehicle Fish Car Recreation Vacation

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.