Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder about the tournament in 2 weeks. Who's gonna fish it?

A great cause and a great reason to go fishing.

The only Kayak tournament during Snapper season. Two days to fish. Inshore & Offshore Divisions. Link to the website is listed below.

SECOND ANNUAL BIG MAC SHOOT OUT FISHING TOURNAMENT TO BE HELD TO BENEFIT RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE

New for 2012! Kayak Tournament!
The Kayak fee is $50. The Kayak Tournament will include paddle boards, self-propelled kayaks and non-motorized kayaks. The pay out will be based on the number of entries.

The categories are as follows:King Mackerel1st2nd3rdRed Snapper1st2nd3rdRed Fish 1st2nd3rdSpeckled Trout1st2nd3rd
http://bigmacfishing.emeraldcoastmcdonalds.com/application.html

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm gonna wait until the Captains party to decide. I talked to one of the tournament directors and he said that the tournament would go rain or shine. I asked if it would be postponed if we were in a small craft advisory and he told me no. I was told it will only be postponed for tropical storm warning or above. He said they fished it last year in 6-8' seas. Screw that, there is a thin line between fun and stupid.

John

·
PrettyAwesomeWhiteGuy
1,503 Posts
I'll ask the wife if I'm allowed ;) I'll beg and if all goes well, I'll be there at least one day!

edit: Nevermind. Just read the rules and the Captain Meeting is mandatory. FWB is 2 hours away and I work the 15th.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Separate prize fund for boats and kayaks. Purse based on number of entries.

Yes, 50% of the prize pot for that species. There are four species - King, Red snapper, trout and redfish. So you have two shots at an inshore and two for offshore winner (and TWO days to weigh-in).

Aquaholic, the entry fee goes up to $60 if you wait for the capt meeting. Also, since there are inshore species you can still fish on the lee side inshore if the surf is too bad to get out. As with the GCKFA tourney, all prizes will be awarded even if there are no entries. So come fish with us and you might get a prize even if you can't get offshore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts