Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night Foreverfishing and I headed down to meet my family for an evening of fishing. My daughter and son in law had rented a big beach house on the sound between portifino and flounders and she had been burning my phone up all day with stories of fish busting all around the dock and even said she caught one on her first cast that morning. We arrived around 4:30 and hit the dock. Matt tossed the net a couple times and supplied us with some pins to get started and after several puncture wounds to the fingers we were fishing! My daughter was the first to get some action and she reeled in the tail of the pin. Then the 3ft tall pro showed up to show us how its done. My grand daughter sat down with her Disney poll and started filling up our bait pen with bait. Right around sunset something started busting bait around the dock and soon after my daughter brawls her first blue and after a good fight we have shark bait on the dock. We decided to break out the big guns and run the 9/0s out with some fresh bluefish bait. We did not even get the first bait out and my daughter was hooked up again and put her 2nd big blue on the dock. We finally got both the shark rods out and I decided to go upstairs and play with my little brat for a while. I was not in there for ten minutes when the phone starts ringing and my daughter tells her mother in law to send me back down and bring the fighting belt!!! I ran back down grabbed the belt and hit the dock to find Matt hooked up big!!!! After about ten minutes of brawling the beast heads for the neighbors dock and in the excitement Matt tries to walk off the side of the dock into the water so I clothes lined him with my long ass arm and pulled him back up on the dock. Soon after Matt gets the beast turned back around and we are still clueless about what is on the line??? shortly after Matt starts walking it towards the bank and we are thinking we might actually get to see the trouble maker. Soon after my brat is pretty sure she can see a big ray and I walk over and look in the water and I am positive that what I am looking at is not a big ray its a big ass BULL! A few minutes later and we landed Matts very first bull shark right next to the swimming pool!!!! After a few good pics and a getting the hook removed we carried the beast over and put him safely back in the sound. What a great ending to a great evening of fishing. I got to be part of three generations of family catching fish and watch Matt catch his first bull. Life is good!!!!! UGLY

Attachments

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Awesome report, sounds like a great night! And I can just picture matt walking right off of the dock into the water hahahha

·
Registered
825 Posts
it was right at 6ft and Im no good with judging weight. somewhere around 100lbs. maybe more. and yea im extremely thankful for don grabbing me. as soon as he did I went to put the other foot down and nothing was there!!!!

oh and don forgot to mention, after his grand daughter walked away he went to town with that Barbie pole!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it was right at 6ft and Im no good with judging weight. somewhere around 100lbs. maybe more. and yea im extremely thankful for don grabbing me. as soon as he did I went to put the other foot down and nothing was there!!!!

oh and don forgot to mention, after his grand daughter walked away he went to town with that Barbie pole!!!
Come on Matt seriously! You know the PFF unwritten rule....... If you don't have pictures it did not happen! And it was NOT a Barbie poll it was Tinkerbell. Next time Im going to let you walk off the dock into the drink. UGLY

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Ugly! You ever going to post those pictures of my Ray?
No. But I will see if my daughter will help me find the camera and download the photos and Email them to you for downloading to the PFF. Or show me how to do it without crashing the computer or injuring my casting finger. UGLY

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
No. But I will see if my daughter will help me find the camera and download the photos and Email them to you for downloading to the PFF. Or show me how to do it without crashing the computer or injuring my casting finger. UGLY
Hahah fair enough! You should be able to take the SD card out and stick it into a slot in the compooper and it should pull up a folder full of pics!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Come on Matt seriously! You know the PFF unwritten rule....... If you don't have pictures it did not happen! And it was NOT a Barbie poll it was Tinkerbell. Next time Im going to let you walk off the dock into the drink. UGLY

that would be a very nerve racking swim!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts