Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 12-31-07I harvested this Buck in Wal-Nut Hill FL. It all started with a morning prayer, Like always I asked the Lord to protect us while we were on this hunt and to bring us home safely. I also asked the Lord to guide and direct my bullet where it would not wound the deer if I were to shoot one.

At 0830,I left my stand and was walking back to the truck. As I rounded the corner on an old logging road,I saw a object in the road about 400 yards away. I looked into by Binoculars, and saw a deer with its head looking down on the ground. I then eased my gun up and putit in the scope. I was not able to hold the cross hairs onit free handed butI new it was a buck. I looked around for maybe a long stick to prop up on, but no luck. I put the scope back on him, and saw another BIG Buck standing behind the first deer. I saw the horns and knew I would probably miss at this distance so I put the old 300 Win Mag BAR Safari II to the test. I took a deep breath and when the cross hairs touched the back of this buck, I squeezed the trigger. I saw the Buck drop to the ground, and the other one took off running. I was amazed and stunned. I started walking towards the deer and knew thatI had broke his back because he was still lifting his head and trying to get away, but hecould not get up. Ultimately, I had to shoot him again when I walked up to him. I knew by looking at him he was over 200lbs. Both of my brothers help me load him up. When he hit the scales, he weighed 210lbs with a 141/2 inch spread. To God be the glory great things he hath done! I owe it all to him. This is the biggest deer in weightto ever top the 200 lb mark at Pine Barren Creek Hunting Club in FL. After scaling the distance, my shot was 482 yards, can you say lucky? or blessed!! Johnny Wilson

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_lblFullMessage>This one might get good...

Congrats on the kill none the less...
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
what does that mean?...Nice buck Johnny!

·
Registered
469 Posts
HEY JOHNNY,LIKE I TOLD YOU YESTERDAY GREAT DEER.DONT PAY NO ATTENTON TO SOME OF THE PEOPLE THAT POST ON HERE.I HAVE LOOKED AT THIS FORUM SINCE IT STARTED AND HAVE NEVER MADE A POST BECAUSE THE WAY SOME OF THESE PEOPLE LIKE TO MAKE COMENTS.A GOOD BIT OF THEM THAT START CRAP SEEM LIKE THEY READ TO MANY MAGAZINES AND WATCH THE OUTDOOR CHANEL TO MUCH.SOME OF THEM ALREADY SEEM LIKE THEY THINK LIKE LONG RANGE SHOOTING IS UNHEARD OF.482 YARDS.WHATS WRONG WITH THAT IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING.I KNOW WHERE YOU HUNT AND KNOW HOW LONG THAT ROAD IS.ABOVE ALL ELSE THE LORD KNOWS YOUR TELLING THE TRUTH SO DONT LET SOME OF THE COMMENTS PEOPLE MAKE ON HERE BOTHER YOU.THIS WILL BE MY MY FIRST AND LAST POST ON THIS FORUM.SO DONT WORRY BLUEHOOHOO I KNOW I WONT BE MAKING ANY NEW FRIENDS OR GETING ANY HUNTING TIPS.....AGAIN CONGRATS JOHNNY.

RIGBY.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Very nice buck, and there is no doubt that a 300 WinMag can reach out and touch them. Congrats on a great shot and a nice buck.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Nice Buck Johnny :bowdown

Don't pay attention to the naysayers...Those of us that KNOW you, know that you word is good as gold brother....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts