Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of yall have pics or the story of a fine buck I saw this morning in the back of a truck at the Head 2 Toe gym in Pace. We all saw deer but nothing we wanted to shoot......Just trying to live vicariously through someone elses success. It really was a good buck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The truck was black with some kind of red or maroon mixed with it. From what I could see the buck was an 8 point, 18 to 20 inch plus inside, with tall g2s and 3s. I would estimate it around 120. Looked like it weighed 180lbs or more. Not a big buck by some of you Alabama hunting boys standards but it was a good deer for Florida. I was thinking it may have come from Clear Creek or Sand Creek hunting clubs or one of the other clubs in Chumuckla.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
I got a phone pick of a VERY tall 8 this morning in a truck bed. Waiting on the wife to e-mail it to me as my phone won't let me upload it.

My report has it coming from central Santa Rosa. Milton to be exact. Think it was Pond Creek hunt club.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That one is a fine buck for sure but the we saw looked wider and the g2s did no look quite that tall. Pond Creek Club would make sense as it runs along close to Berryhill. My boys said the buck I am talking about had main beams that were 6-8 inches from touching in the front.

Sorry for the wild goose chase. It was just a good buck that we saw briefly that we would like to see some pics of.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I checked the board at Pond Creek today and there was nothing like you described checked in yesterday. We also lost all that land bordering Berryhill. We don't have anything south of Willard Norris anymore.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Blazerboy (2/7/2010)Wow. I did not know yall lost all of that. Does any club have that land now?
Yeah, we lost the land between Willard Norris and Berryhill several year's back. That is the land the big developer came in and bought to build the mega community. It went belly up and I don't know who has the land now. There was another club on Berryhill on the east side of Pond Creek that lost their land also.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
imkilroy (2/7/2010)
Blazerboy (2/7/2010)Wow. I did not know yall lost all of that. Does any club have that land now?
Yeah, we lost the land between Willard Norris and Berryhill several year's back. That is the land the big developer came in and bought to build the mega community. It went bellt up and I don't know who has the land now. There was another club on Berryhill on the east side of Pond Creek that lost their land also.
I've heard that Boo Weekly is leasing that land.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Their are 4 peolpe leasing that land. along with part of the big subd. rite their from the developer. From what I was told he Boo is one of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts