Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well boyz, I think I closed out my season today. Been after this buck as mentioned in my "Buck down, Finally" thread. Got lucky in the other stand and got that nice 8, but this 9pt is the one I was after. Not as big a body, but best rack of our lease in 7 years of hunting. Weighed in at 135# and is at least 4.5. I have pics from him last year and his rack only got a little better....he just couldn't quite push out that 10th point!

I had some does in the plot right around 4 and was texting pictures of them to my buds who were at work (yeah, I suck!). I look up and this guy is running right at one of my does and chases her right out of the plot. My heart just about jumps out of my chest as I grab my hearing protection and Xbolt.

Luckily, she outruns him and he comes right down the middle of the plot messing with the other two does. I'm watching him in between short pines until he pauses so I can release the 130gr CoreLokt. DRT. The does stayed around for a bit. In fact, one of those does did the same thing in another plot last year when I shot a buck....she is bad luck for bucks!

I included a live shot of him from 4 January that had me confident he would be in this area. Sat there last night and watched a little spike chase some does, so figured he wouldn't be too far away.

Anyway, I will be watching the forum looking for all the good bucks that are about to be posted. Good luck and shoot straight!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,635 Posts
Heck yeah!!!! dern sporty!!!!! congrats brother!!!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Man he looks like he weighs more than 135. Congradulations that is an awesome buck!!! Have you scored him yet?

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Nice. Very nice.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Nice buck...your hot don't stop now.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Do you mind sharing the general location of your club? Ie. north south east or west part of the county

·
Registered
594 Posts
Live pic 01/04/15, didn't take you long to close that deal. Congrats. I agree 135 must be a typo. I'm guessing over 180#.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts