Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went up to Wilson lake on the Tennessee river in north Alabama this weekend. We fished hard for 2 days. We caught 16 fish total. Several 20 pound blues and one flathead. The last 2 fish of the trip came at 9 hooked up within a min of one another. My buddy Jason's fish was 78 and mine was 80! Both of our biggest fish yet. All fish were released.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Good grief!

Reactions: Deja vu

·
Premium Member
10,867 Posts
Pigs for sure. Congratulations Men. How big were the baits they ate?

Reactions: 4hooks

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
That’s a bunch of catfish nuggets 😂. Are they any good when they get that big.
actually, my experience with any cat over 10lbs ain't worth skinin. the meat is coarse and grainy.
some people may like it but i don't. any of you have a secret to cooking big cats?
jack

Reactions: Deja vu and CurDog

·
Registered
97 Posts
They are fine eating... yes the smaller ones are better but that don’t mean the big ones aren’t delicious

·
Registered
129 Posts
actually, my experience with any cat over 10lbs ain't worth skinin. the meat is coarse and grainy.
some people may like it but i don't. any of you have a secret to cooking big cats?
jack
bleed them well then cut into pieces cross grain but never gona be as good as the small ones and it really depends on the system the come from the fish on the tennessee river are really strong seams like the smaller rivers have better tasteing fish may be the amount of shad they eat I know around any of the dams they feed on them heavy and they taste like it

·
Registered
129 Posts
bleed them well then cut into pieces cross grain but never gona be as good as the small ones and it really depends on the system the come from the fish on the tennessee river are really strong seams like the smaller rivers have better tasteing fish may be the amount of shad they eat I know around any of the dams they feed on them heavy and they taste like
bleed them well then cut into pieces cross grain but never gona be as good as the small ones and it really depends on the system the come from the fish on the tennessee river are really strong seams like the smaller rivers have better tasteing fish may be the amount of shad they eat I know around any of the dams they feed on them heavy and they taste like it
if your gona eat the big one go with these
6F87C235-3DB3-4EF1-B71E-34BD63D686C0.jpeg
6F87C235-3DB3-4EF1-B71E-34BD63D686C0.jpeg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts