Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy at work Joe caught this bass wading up the creek in northeast Santa Rosa County. He ate a 5 inch pumpkin zoom spring lizard. Pretty solid bass to come out of a foot of water way up the creek.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good looking fish. Thanks for the pic.

I used to catch'em like that in Central Florida in some really skinny water in the creeks.

Congrats to your buddy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My buddy has mastered the art of the "extended arm" used when taking fish pictures, but it was a solid fish weighing in at 5 pounds 2 ounces.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Thats a nice fish no matter how you hold your arm. My son and I have caught some about 3lbs @ blackwater canoe midway point. Thats some fun wade fishing.

·
Super Moderator
28,374 Posts
Folks don't think fish live in that clear water up in Coldwater or Juniper where ya'll were but I have caught several goodens outta many a hole is them cricks up there....:clap Great job and congrats:clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
yessir, in Aug those big stripers head up that area and they are some studs. i heard you can catch them on fried chicken skin and hot dogs right off the grill.lol i guess thats because of all the tubers and canoers that grill out..

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
was this coldwater or juniper?

I've been tempted to take my spinning gear next time I put my kayak in the water up that way. sadly, my wilderness pungo 140 hasn't been in the water since spring.... time to get back in the water before gets too cold during the afternoons lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts