Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I should've copied your post in mine, since you felt the need to go back and edit it.
The only thing I edited was the signature was between #6 and #7. You see, when you post FACTS you don't have to edit them. You should try it some time.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I just don't understand this logic. So we should just do nothing because doing something still wouldn't prevent 100% of illegal gun use? Should we have no traffic laws because people still speed and drunk drive anyway?
The thing is, this legislation will have exactly zero effect on reducing illegal gun use, except for making lawful actions illegal. Do you actually BELIEVE that a criminal that has already decided that it's ok to rob, rape or murder is going to have a change of heart because he doesn't want to undergo a background check he knows he will fail.

Want to do something that actually works in reducing firearm violence? Lock gun offenders up and KEEP them locked up. No Bonding out, no plea bargains, no early release and no parole. And institute harsh MANDATORY sentences for gun crimes: use a gun during the commission of a crime 15 years...period. Display or brandish it? 25 years! Fire it, even if you don't hit anyone, LIFE OR THE DEATH PENALTY! Watch how fast violent crime drops when there's no repeat offenders!!

Of course, Dimmocrats would never go for it, since most of their voter base would disappear. Look up "Proect Exile" t I see how effective this type of law can be.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
What happened to 10/20/Life?

What Ed is saying is the old adage:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
If we truly did not "infringe" at all don't you think we'd have some issues? By that thinking citizens should have access to any arms they want. Should we allow use of completely unregulated fully automatic firearms? Should we be able to buy a rocket launcher? My point is we can't realistically implement the 2A as it was written originally in today's world, most other gun owners will never agree with that I know. Back when it was written guys had muskets, I guess you could buy a cannon if you could afford one, but that still ain't the same as what we have now.
And back when toe Bill of Rights was written, communications consisted of simple newspapers and quill pens - does that mean that the 1st Amendment doesn't protect Free Speech on television or computers? Claiming that technological advances render the 2A invalid, while exploiting the freedoms awarded under the First Amendment on a hand-held device the framers couldn't have imagined is the ultimate in hypocrisy!

As far as rocket launchers - a law abiding citizen who is not otherwise disqualified CAN own a rocket launcher, or a tank, or a fully automatic assault weapon with the proper NFA Stamps. When the 2A was written "ARMS" referred to the public being allowed to own exactly the same types of weapons as those in use by the military.

·
Registered
762 Posts
We don't really need to ban guns or make gun purchases harder. We need laws that make murder, robbery, rape and such illegal. People will no longer be murdered robbed or raped....

There you go. no more crime. Am I right?

·
Registered
489 Posts
If we truly did not "infringe" at all don't you think we'd have some issues? By that thinking citizens should have access to any arms they want. Should we allow use of completely unregulated fully automatic firearms? Should we be able to buy a rocket launcher? My point is we can't realistically implement the 2A as it was written originally in today's world, most other gun owners will never agree with that I know. Back when it was written guys had muskets, I guess you could buy a cannon if you could afford one, but that still ain't the same as what we have now.
On the contrary. In 1722 a Puckle gun was demonstrated to fire a round in less than 7 seconds. The demonstration fires 63 rounds in 7 minutes. It was a flintlock revolver. That be 54 years before 1776.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
TheDeeGeeBee...tell us what you know about privateers...or early civilian exploration parties who often carried 1pounder and 5 pounder cannons or " grenades"...small,thick baked clay containers filled with gunpowder, short fuse, that would blow apart and scatter the clay shards as schrapnel.

How about pepperbox pistols and muskets?

·
Registered
526 Posts
TheDeeGeeBee...tell us what you know about privateers...or early civilian exploration parties who often carried 1pounder and 5 pounder cannons or " grenades"...small,thick baked clay containers filled with gunpowder, short fuse, that would blow apart and scatter the clay shards as schrapnel.

How about pepperbox pistols and muskets?
Yall are right, they had weapons just as effective back then. I conceed

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Yall are right, they had weapons just as effective back then. I conceed
In the case of pepperbox guns, civilians had them, the military did not.

You missed the point, as usual. Civilians owned the same weapons as the military.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
The house passed both gun control bills today.
It will take 60 votes 2/3 in the senate to send to Sleepy Joe for signing into law.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
The house passed both gun control bills today.
It will take 60 votes 2/3 in the senate to send to Sleepy Joe for signing into law.
Until they decide to change the rules and do it with simple majority.....

61 - 75 of 75 Posts