Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My white boat seats have these mildew-looking blackish gray stains on them. I've tried pressure washing them and using dish detergent with a brush, but the stains are still there. How can I remove them?

Shawn

·
Knotworkin
317 Posts
Use tilex mold&mildew&abit-h20 scrub and let sit for a few and rinse. Not tooo long tho it's strong stuff it'll get 98% of it..

·
Brandon H
191 Posts
majic eraser or gojo hand cleaner will get almost anything out of seats but most think its too harsh (gojo) i use it on mine for bad stains have been for 4 yrs with no problems, but im going to redo my cushions in a few years anyway so im not concerned if long term it hurts them

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
What happened?? See a shark??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome! I have a few ideas I'm gonna try now. Thanks! Gotta make this thing presentable to sale. A guy from GA is coming to look at it Wednesday.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I got home, I found my boat clean. I paid my brother to clean it. He used Attwood Premium Mildew Stain Remover on the seats.

He used Attwood Premium Non-Skid Deck Cleaner for the deck.

He didn't clean the transom or bottom of the boat (I only gave him $20). I ended up cleaning the transum using the stain remover he bought. It worked great - I didn't even have to scrub. I'll clean the bottom when I get off, but it should be easy, because it's not that dirty.

Shawn

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,087 Posts
Just be careful to not get that stuff on the trailer. It will turn it black. It's like using Muriatic acid which is a good thing to use to clean the bottom of the boat. Spray it on and wash it off.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I use the WalMart brand of mildew remover. A little cheaper and works just as good. Spray it on, let sit for about 15 minutes and then hose off. Should look new.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
We keep the attwood mildew remover, black streak remover, and rust stain remover in our arsenal as well. Good products.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It was my first time using the product and I was very impressed with the outcome. I have a guy coming from GA to look at the boat today. I'll post tomorrow with what he says about it.

The pictures before the boat was thoroughly cleaned can be seen here: http://pensacola.craigslist.org/boa/3998220380.html

If the boat isn't sold today, I'll take some new pictures of the clean boat and post them. Seriously, I'm shocked at how effective that stuff is. For anyone that has cleaned a mildew-infested boat seat, you know what I'm talking about.

Shawn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Didn't have to take new pictures - the boat was sold yesterday!

Wouldn't you know it - the damn instiments were messed up. The RPM gauge was way inacurrate and the speedometer didn't even move! Ended up selling for $1000 less than I was asking.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts