Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals!!.... Bout to put my first coat of wax on my 21ft Palm Beach. So my question to all of you seasoned Pros out there.. What's the best wax, who do I start this job, what all do I need and can I do it while trailered? Thanks for any and all advise.. I am assuming that I will need one of those buffer machines right?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Starbrite or Meguiars marine wax. I polish my boat with Starebrite polish once a year and wax it after I polish it and again about mid summer.

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,306 Posts
Pro Polish or Starbright Polish w/Teflon. No need to wax over the polish. The polish has all the UV inhibitors. Wax has none.

The best polish is Shurhold Pro Polish.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I say a YouTube vid on the Shurhold polish.. What do you think about 3M restore and polish? Oh and are the rotary disk something you get at Walmart? There's not a special "Marine" kind is there?

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,306 Posts
If you are talking about a random orbital polisher no Walmart wont have one. I use a Porter Cable and Flex for orbital polishing. You also need an assortment of pads. You would need to shop online first and learn how to use the different pads and compounds, polishes, etc.

You can go to Harbor Freight and get a cheap one with a backing plate and foam finishing pad to use for the Pro Polish.

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,306 Posts
Yes Fleetwax is one of the best marine wax's you can use but it offers no UV protection and contains no polishing cut to remove his light oxidation.

·
IT'S ALL GOOD !
1,352 Posts
I have had good results using 3M Imperial compound and finishing material using a electric drill with a pad. Then using Fleetwax by hand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just polished my boat with a rotary, wool pad, and aquabuff 2000 to remove minor oxidation, then sealed it with a product called Ultima Paint Guard Plus. The UPGP is easy to apply, a couple sprays onto the applicator and then wipe on and walk away!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts