Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best time of year to sell a boat? Is it in Jan/Feb like it is for selling used cars? You know, income tax time...

I bought a boat this summer with the intentions of my friends going with me. Now none have the time. And now we have a young um on the way...

Since I am sure someone will ask, it is a 1996 Cobia 174cc witha Yamaha 90 SW. I'm not posting it for sale here. I know there is a place for that. I'm just looking for the best place and time to sell.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
usually early spring. put it here in the for sale section and you could try FS also. Good luck

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
NoMoSurf (12/19/2007)What is the best time of year to sell a boat? Is it in Jan/Feb like it is for selling used cars? You know, income tax time...

I bought a boat this summer with the intentions of my friends going with me. Now none have the time. And now we have a young um on the way...

Since I am sure someone will ask, it is a 1996 Cobia 174cc witha Yamaha 90 SW. I'm not posting it for sale here. I know there is a place for that. I'm just looking for the best place and time to sell.

Go head and post it...can't hurt. Some of us just might be in the market.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now listed in For Sale section...

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Spring - most people have been to boat shows and/or are getting "spring fever" and wanna go fishing - so they start looking for boats...

Fall seems to suck - Christmas time, cold weather,and all Iguess- we tried selling our boat ourselves and had no luck, traded it at Sunrise Marine and it sold2 days later.The buyer saw it posted on their websiteand wanted our boat for Fall fishing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts