Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Handler Aka Doc Boss
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best shark to keep and eat as i'm kind of new to it and i've only ever had deep fried shark before.

·
The Handler Aka Doc Boss
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a boat so what are my chances of getting either of those or where should I go to get them?

·
Super Moderator
12,830 Posts
Mako is unlikely from the beach. Blacktip is fairly common.

The key here is what you do with the shark after you catch it. My advise would be to clean it asap. If you're unable to do that, at the very least gut it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner.

·
The Handler Aka Doc Boss
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya i heard bulls and blacktips were common as well as sand sharks but didn't know what ones were good to eat. They all prety much like live Pins or Grunts right?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ya i heard bulls and blacktips were common as well as sand sharks but didn't know what ones were good to eat. They all prety much like live Pins or Grunts right?
they eat them. but id put something bigger on so it lasts longer. small baits will get picked away by small fish kinda quick and it just seems like itll be hard to keep a pinfish alive if you are trying to get it past the second bar. any fish you can catch in the surf will work good though. and with conditions being how they have been, you don't have to even get bait past the second bar right now. between the first and second bar will be fine.

·
Registered
679 Posts
The small atlantic sharpnose is also good. Make sure to immediately bleed, clean and ice the shark when you catch one! you can find a few ways to prepare the meat for cooking that will increase the quality of your meal just do some research and see what suits your taste. I have the best results when I use cownose or southern rays for bait. UGLY

1 - 9 of 9 Posts