Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether I'm wade fishing or walking around looking for flounder, I usually wear some kind of shoe to keep from stepping on sharp objects, crabs biting my toes, stepping directly on a sting ray, etc. And yes I do the sting ray shuffle.

The shoes always get full of mud, and they get sand under the insoles, making an occasional emptying of the shoe necessary. Would think a shoe with no insoles would help,and with some kind of drainage on the side to let mud out, or maybe that would let mud in? I'm thinking some kind of mesh shoe with no insole, with a mesh side or something.

Has anyone found an ideal shoe for wading? I thought about crocs, but they are ridiculously expensive and still not sure they would be ideal. Right now I just use an old pair of sneakers and lay them out in the sun to dry when I get home, remove the insoles, wash them out, etc. Not the ideal solution, but better than barefoot

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I normally use this type.My feet gettoo hot in dive bootiesplus they take too long to dry. However. either oneis a good choice. Just be aware neither will protect you from a sting ray barb. If you are concerned about sting rays, there are ankle and shin protectors available for that purpose.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Since you have the shoes, try cutting a hole(or two) in the gap between big and next toe... You can wiggle your toes and pump the sand out..

An old seawall builder's trick...

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I bought some wading shoes from academy for 20 dollars and they work great. Look like dive booties with a zipper on the side. NO sand gets in!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts