Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of the three rivers Escambia, Blackwater, or Perdido has the best fishing? If launching was not a problem which river system do you belive has the best fishing and why? I have heard some good reports on all of them, but is there one that surpasses the rest?

Jim

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Eric

Jon the type of fish is not as important as the number of fish a person catches.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I have always caught more fish of all kinds on lower Escambia river. I have caught the biggest bass on Perdido.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I grew up fishing Escambia but about 7 or 8 years ago my dad bought a place on Blackwater, I would have to lean towards the fishing being better on Blackwater.I think it really is a case of knowing the area and who, what and how you are targeting the fish more than anything.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ssshhh! Eric if you keep advertising our hidden treasure around here people will over run us.JK

I've spent the better part15 years fishing East Bay and can tell you it an unspoiled haven for reds and specs. I remember before the bridge went through I could set at my spot all week rarley see a boat. Man the fishing was out of this world back then. It's still good, but there has been a noticable change in quality caught in my neck of the woods.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
I like Blackwater better, but I fish Escambia as well, espcially when time is short since I'm closer. Blackwater is more remote, the water quality is better and that makes the fish more appealing to eat!:hungry

Eric, save me few reds over there will you, I have to work for a living and can'tgo everyday!:doh

·
Registered
14 Posts
I grew up on Blackwater, and it provides some of the best fishing all around. I used to canoe fish for bass on the upper portions, and caught many HUGE Bass, then of course the delta area is just amazing with reds, flounder, jacks, tarpon and plenty of huge sail cats. Though I haven't been in a while, Blackwater has some beautiful bass holes.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Winter River fishing is the best!!! I like them all. To catch Bass on one cast a Red on another and a Trout on the next.

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts